• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Annoying to You?

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Humans in general annoy me.

However, if I were to pick special people out, I'd say "Pushy salespeople" and "Evangelists" What I mean by the latter isn't confined to religion. As much as JW's at my door worried that my soul will be anahiliated if I don't join their church annoy me, pushy anti-theists on the Internet who treat me (and others) like we're inferior, worthless and not-really human because we're not one of them, either, really freakin' annoy me. I don't think that problem can be solved, however, as I think certain folk base their identities on being "better than you" and to try to tell them that they are "likewise a sinner" or "likewise subject to mistakes and lapses in logic" due to a shared humanity falls on deaf ears. "Evangelism" for me also takes on another form - that of friends finding some shiny new fandom or thing that they are really, really into and they try to push it on me, despite my being uninterested. I may even try the thing, just on their recommend, but not get hooked from the first episode/level/chapter, but still have to contend with them not shutting up about it and treating me as though I were as totally into it as they are despite my trying to tell them otherwise.

I lost a friend in part due to her obession with yaoi, subtext and sex in general, when she didn't quite get that I found her constant dirty jokes in her AIM conversations and her attempts to convert me to every couple she fell in love with annoying. She got offended when I tried to bring her back to reality (some of her subtext-proof of couples being "canon" were... well, um... schitzoprhenic for lack of a better term. I don't think she actually suffered the disease, but she made me wonder). The breakup of the online friendship came from a general lack of respect between us (she treated me as a kind of servant...) But, yeah, overzealous fandom-evangelism was a part of it.

Pushy salespeople are the same way, although they've actually caused me to lose money. I mean, I'm awkward with other people, so when I'm in a store and someone's got me cornered, it's like a deer in the headlights syndrome and I'll almost buy whatever they're trying to sell to get them to leave me alone and let me go. I tend to call for my fiancee' or whatever friends I'm with to HELP ME! when that happens. I don't make any large purchases without someone at my side.

-Stupid people.
-Christians who love to shove their religion down your throat.
-Fans who take their fandoms way too seriously.
-Parents who don't tell their kids to be quiet while out in public.
-People who think they're not good-looking, but they are.

I have more, but I don't want to make my list too long.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Noise. I don't like noises. Except for calming ones, or music. But I just don't like hearing a lot of people blabbing something that's not important and the person is being too loud. If you wanna talk to someone, make sure the other don't get annoyed by your stupid business.

Young people who date others. I used to be like that and I used to whine about a guy I liked but now I'm not doing that anymore. Quite annoying. Still young and dating is dumb. I just really don't like how they talk to each other, making goo-goo gushy eye stares, etc. Fictional work is better and fictional stuff doesn't annoy me thy much.

Memory

Forgotten Life
Ants. They just give me the chills. I don't like it though. When they crawl on your arm. Yeahh that annoys me. And my best friend too lol. Well, I don't hate her but she's annoying.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
>Hears Mum screaming
>Wardrobe's broke, and about to fall
>Goes to help and takes down wardrobe
>Manages to get it out the house and into the garden
>Gets no thanks

Yeah that just annoyed me.

octorok74

TETTAC
What annoys me is when people on here take something someone says and copy it as a "joke", when really it just hurts the person. And it happens all the time. Really irks me.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
-Being told what to play, listen to, eat, think, wear, believe in etc.
-Blonde jokes. One little slip up and everyone giggles at me like idiots and taunts "Dumb blonde!" I mean, I'm no genius but I'm certainly not an idiot. I'd really prefer it if people would stop treating me like one, just because I happen to be light-haired.
-People who shove their religion down your throat
-People who shove their lack of religion down your throat and call you an idiot for having beliefs
-People who repeat themselves
-People who don't repeat themselves when I ask them to
-Discrimination of any kind
-A lot of people on the internet. Seriously, people on the internet (Youtube especially) are so needlessly cruel to one another, it's just sickening.

Jaywolf

~The Wolfos Furry~
What's very annoying is when someone repeatedly says: "hi" over and over, when your on a game (like Wizard101) and it lags, annoying Orange and Fred.

Last edited:

TriforceEsphodel

Christmas Question Mark
Hi. Hi, hi,

It annoys me that my browser crashes every time I try to upload a photo so I can't give myself an avatar of a cute chibi Eleventh Doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom