• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is a "Waste of Time"?

It depends on the opportunity cost, for example; what I could have been doing in the mean time.

So if I decide to go out instead of studying for a test and then I fail that test and jeopardise my place in University, then I see that as a waste of my time on rather what I could have been doing. I may have had a good time, but in the bigger picture that was what I should have been doing and thus it was wasted time.

Oh God, opportunity cost. I've seen to much of this word due to being a business major. But yeah, I agree with what you said. Life is all about trade offs, so one would rather do something that they actually value, like getting an education. Some might think that it's a waste of time and would rather go out and party rather than studying, while others actually want to invest in a higher education and increase their chances of getting a good job when they're out there in the work force. Or even video games. Some find it a waste of time and rather do something else with their time, while another individual might love the entertainment and challenge games bring worth.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
The CD-i zelda games.

Oh. And when you're doing the training with Orca in WW, and you get 499 hits on him, then he hits you and you lose all of that progress.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
A waste of time is anything that consumes time and has no meaning or doesn't leave you feeling accomplished or happy.

Good question. I have a friend (he's older) and he used to tell me that playing Zelda and video games in general is a "waste of time." It really annoyed me, because well, for one, he made these comments through the using the Internet, lol. And I thought, if video games are a waste of time, then so is surfing the Internet, social networking, watching movies, playing cards, playing chess, playing board games, people watching -- ANY form of entertainment could be said as a "waste of time." But honestly, people use entertainment to relax and unwind -- which is needed in life -- so I would say calling something "a waste of time" is just a way of feeling contempt about something that a person doesn't understand, like, or appreciate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom