• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What if We Lose a Fight?

Having revenge as a motive doesn't seem...appropriate...for the target audience.

The target audience already has a concept of revenge they know and understand it. It's already in nearly every movie/tv series they watch It's not an inappropriate motive.

This enemy would have to beat me through 10 different phases, to let me unleash a full arsenal of weapons only to have each destroyed at each phase, for this to feel like a really crushing defeat.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I kind of like Sroa's idea and Ventus' idea. Yes, like other people have stated, it has been done before, but those were given to us in cutscenes. It's not like Link got too hot headed and you actually run into a fight just to lose. It has to be scripted though. There should be a certain point in the game where you have to lose no matter what. I'd say it would be good at the beginning of the game. You meet Ganondorf (or whatever the main villain of that game is) early in the game and then you battle him. You end up losing and then at the end of the game, when you are stronger and more prepared, you end up being successful. It would show progress throughout the game. At first Ganondorf just tosses you aside and spares you because you're not a threat, but in the end you are the one man handling him.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I kind of like Sroa's idea and Ventus' idea. Yes, like other people have stated, it has been done before, but those were given to us in cutscenes. It's not like Link got too hot headed and you actually run into a fight just to lose. It has to be scripted though. There should be a certain point in the game where you have to lose no matter what. I'd say it would be good at the beginning of the game. You meet Ganondorf (or whatever the main villain of that game is) early in the game and then you battle him. You end up losing and then at the end of the game, when you are stronger and more prepared, you end up being successful. It would show progress throughout the game. At first Ganondorf just tosses you aside and spares you because you're not a threat, but in the end you are the one man handling him.

I intended the player to actually go up against the villain, give the fight their all, and then--since it's scripted--fail, rather than just a cutscene of it. I kinda neglected to mention that though... :sweat:

I always thought it was odd that the villain, Ganondorf specifically, doesn't even try to fight you. I get that Link doesn't exactly look threatening, but given Hyrule's History, you'd think he'd be a little more cautious with green-clad blond boys who are going around saving people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom