• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Happened to the Realistic Art Style Fans / "celda" Haters?

Zelda Wii U, of course, is the "Skyward Sword HD" that some fans were imagining, and the superior visual quality of the Wii U does it justice.
I hope not. Skyward Sword to me looked terrible. I also think WW's cel shading is no good. TP's looks, I liked a lot, going by what we have seen of Zelda WiiU so far will not be happening again unfortunately. So I guess the way to do it is to use Ocarina (N64, not the too bright 3DS version) mixed with Zelda 2. That would work fine by me, updated to WiiU standards.

The Legend of Zelda Wii U Tech Demo - Twilight Princess Style (Realistic) - easily the best of the pics you showed here. Totally no contest. The others are all sub par. A game like that I'd want to pre-order even more than any other Zelda Game I've recently played.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I actually enjoy all of the art styles. There has never been a time where I played a Zelda game and thought "huh, this art style is ****". Usually, they design the game around the art style, so it is always very fitting.

As you said, the realismphiles have probably moved on to XO or PS4, or even PC. However, the people like me remain who do not care about the artstyle but instead just enjoy the experience, and appreciate everything that goes in to making these games. I know SS gets a lot of crap, but honestly I loved how it was like a never ending dungeon, because that's why I play zelda, for the puzzles. Although I am also excited for the New zelda, because it looks like it is just going to look soooooo gorgeous. That sunset scene was magnificent! Really all the artstyles for me have been magnificent.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
Zelda games may not all be a 10 for looks, but they're all a 10 in the bedroom. If you keep your consoles in the bedroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom