• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game Were You Playing?!

Blackbaldrik

Sage of Gaming
This thread is sparked by the recent Kotaku post about Twilight Princess, it put me over the edge and I had to argue against it:

Does anyone else dislike Twilight Princess? I honestly felt like is was all of the worst things in the Zelda series, rolled into one game. It had bland colors, goofy-looking characters, and kept Link just as emotionless as ever.

I don't *hate* the game, mind you, but it definitely didn't feel like a strong title to me. It rehashed only the "standard" items (which I'll admit, the Boomerang felt improved), and the new additions felt completely worthless outside of their respective dungeons. Might as well they just have been keys.

I dunno, maybe it's just because it came after the magnificent Wind Waker, but I truly did not like Twilight Princess. Which is a shame, because I loved the thought of a "Lord of the Rings-styled" Link.

I completely disagree with almost everything he said, here is my opinion, in order.
(1) TP in my opinion was a lot of the best of LoZ thrown into one.

(2) I suppose I sort of agree about the bland colours, the game could have had a little less of a dull enviroment.

(3) The characters in Zelda always look goofy it's the style of Zelda games, if the wierd look of the characters is your gripe, than you have never played a Zelda game before.

(4) This one really made me mad: "Kept Link as emotionless as ever", what the heck game were you playing? Link had tons of emotion in TP, more so than almost all other Zelda games! Did you close your eyes and turn your head away every time there was a cut-scene? It's one of the few games where Link actually looks like he truly cares about those around him.

(5) It did use a lot of the old items, but what Zelda game doesn't? Although most of the new items were pretty useless outside their respective dungeons, I do agree there.

(6) Not going to go deep into this but I don't think WW was any greater than TP, they were both very awesome (I liked TP better).

(7) Wouldn't call it "Lord of the Rings" but I also like very realistic LoZ and I hope they make another one with a similar style.

I think the main cause of people not liking TP is they only play it once and don't notice some of the deeper stuff, (Like Link's emotions) this is why I play every Zelda game 2 times or more (Currently up to about 10-12 times with OoT:)), it's always amazing when you spot things you never noticed the first time through.
I don't think anyone can form a complete opinion of a Legend of Zelda game until they play it again and find the depth that they missed.

But these are just my opinions, what did you guys think about TP? Do you agree with me about TP being great, or him about TP being bad, or do you have different opinions from the both of us?

Last edited:

MasterSwordBoy1

Hero of Pie
Well I think TP is a great game, but it's not the best zelda game. For some reason people hate it and like it. I agree with you Blackbaldrik.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom