• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game to Play Next

Ragadash

Composer of the Sea's
I have played
A link to the past
OoT
MM
OoS OoA
WW
TP
ST
I want to play a good puzzle zelda with good music, but at the 2d level.
SO it leaves LA MC FS FSA
what do you think

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You shud play some of dat Minish Cap; I luh that game and it's easier to get a hand on compared to FS and FSA. Link's Awakening is a good shot as well, but I have stronger feelings for TMC.

Big Octo

=^)
Based on those four, I would have to recommend Link's Awakening. All games have good music, of course, but I think Link's Awakening shines out as the strongest in terms of puzzles. In FS and FSA, puzzles are very simple or nonexistent altogether. There are some good puzzles in The Minish Cap, but I don't think they add up to those seen in Link's Awakening.

DarkLink17

Well then
I would have to recommend Link's Awakening as well. It's just such a great game when it comes to music and gameplay, and it still has that "retro" feel. The other three are still very good games, but LA is the best in my opinion.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
If you want a game with ALttP atmosphere, there are two: Ancient Stone Tablets and Four Swords Adventures.
If you liked Oracle of Seasons/Ages, then go straight to Link's Awakening.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I haven't played Link's Awakening yet, nor the Four Swords games, but I would still recommend The Minish Cap.

This game is probably best looking top down game, visually, the graphical style suits the theme of the game perfectly and it really does add to the experience in my opinion. This game also features one of the best overworlds in the series, there is quite a lot to do and it probably has the better exploration out of the games you mentioned. This game also features some great puzzles and dungeons, so if you enjoy that sort of aspect then this game is your best option. However, I wouldn't necessarily say it's a challenging game, done get me wrong it's not easy, but I would say it falls on the easy side in terms of the top down games.

This game seems quite familiarly to be honest, of course I'm talking about A Link to the Past . Some may say too familiar but I actually like that. So if you enjoyed A Link to the Past and maybe want a more stylish and visually better game, then this would be your best bet, like I said though, it probably isn't the most challenging nor puzzling in the series.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
The Minish Cap, its a great 2D game, with great music, (its made by capcom, what do you expect....bad music HA!). But the game ties some Four Sword elements in it as well, there are a lot of sidequest and a pretty long main quest considering is a handheld title. so PLAY MC!

67ghost

no you're not
Go with the cheapest route though mc and la are tied with alttp for my favorite zelda so this is hard

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
and unless you have some other people to play FS and FSA with.... dont even bother playing them, they look like they could be great games but finding a way to play them is near impossible these days!

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
Play Link's awakening. I haven't played it yet, but I've seen a playthrough and it seems really fun. I don't, maybe it's just because it's weird, you're on an island, and you're awakening something. :) (Just Kidding. But you should still play the game.)

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Well, Link's Awakening is my all-time favorite portable Zelda game, so I'm a bit biased here, but I'd definitely suggest that. The puzzles are great and the music is fantastic for the era it's in. And the story is pretty good, too.

TMC isn't a bad idea, either. I don't remember it too well so I can't say much for the puzzles, though the music's not bad (but a bit grainy imo). Were you planning on playing FS anniversary or the FS with ALttP? The ALttP one requires an extra person with a Game Boy Advance and cable. If you have another friend to play with, though, it can be quite fun, but puzzles in both it and FSA are pretty simple. I've never really been stumped with any of them. FSA's music is primarily remixes of other Zelda songs, so if you think you'd like that, then you can go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom