• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game(s) Are You Playing at the Moment?

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
I'm currently playing Fallout 4 on a new character and I gotta say, the game seems to have gotten more broken as time went on.
I recall my first playthrough back near launch of the game and I had no major issues. But in this playthrough I have encountered strange happenings.

My conversation with Preston Garvey is glitched so I cannot access the rooftop Power Armor and continue the quest, so now I am locked out of the first official Deathclaw fight, a set of Power Armor, and part of the Concord sewers is gated off to me. The last of the Minutemen are forever locked away in the attic of the Museum of Freedom.

I then went on to speak with Trashcan Carla for the first time and while we were speaking A RANDOM DEATHCLAW ENCOUNTER happened and she was whacked and fled (Carla is fine and still visits Sanctuary for trading) but I barely managed to survive the Deathclaw.

I went to Abernathy Farm after obtaining the locket from USAF Oliva and returned it to Mr. Abernathy to make use of his workshop. After an hour of building at the site I decided to outfit the Abernathy's with better guns and spoke with Connie Abernathy. Mid sentence she suddenly vanished and then Blake Abernathy approaches me and says "Help! My wife's been kidnapped!!". SOMEHOW the Raiders at the Stockpile had kidnapped her WHILE I WAS TALKING TO HER!

Needless to say, this playthrough is getting WILD.

I’m having fun playing through the Oracle games on Switch.

Thing is, I had bought them on 3DS, but I think I’d only bothered to play through Seasons again before getting busy with other stuff. So Ages is not so fresh in my memory.

I can recall a lot of details almost exactly, however it just doesn’t *feel* as big as it did back then. I guess sort of a similar feeling to playing Ocarina of Time again some years later, or even Mario 64. Funny how this works with some games but not others…I suppose some may lend themselves more to a sense that the adventures have the illusion of being more grand than they actually are. I think it was Twilight Princess that got me jaded towards that concept, only for the last two titles in this series to eventually amend that and deliver on that kind of promise.

Nevertheless, I think these are my favorite 2D Zelda games. Really hoping they still get the remake treatment Link’s Awakening got but who knows. I definitely think it was time to move on to a new style from the 3D games that were mostly bogged down by OoT tropes, and can’t believe whiners want to go back to that, but there’s definitely still room for 2D games like these. I like Minish Cap and all but I remember feeling it was definitely a step down in terms of tight design and mechanics. Hoping they’ll do more, maybe collaborate with Capcom again even.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I'm still slowly working my way through TotK but quite slowly. Looking forward to getting right back into it next week once the project I am working on has been delivered. Since my focus time has been low for the game I've mainly been doing exploring and completing the odd shrine here and there.

Sal

Twilight Princess
Pikmin 1
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Tears of the Kingdom
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Keep going back and forth between these.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I feel like I’m close to the end of Pikmin 4. Should probably go back to Fire Emblem Engage and Hogwarts Legacy next since I still haven’t finished those.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Fallout New Vegas
My main playthrough, or at least the biggest game on my rotation. I'm currently trying to either save the caps or get a passport to get onto the strip. Last thing I did was complete a sidequest for the King which also helped me set my course for which main faction I'm choosing.

Minecraft
This one comes and goes, and I've been playing it a good bit recently. I haven't done singleplayer survival in a while, but I've got two servers I'm frequenting. One of them is a public one that my brother spends a lot more time on than me, I'm currently working on building a skyscraper up to the build limit. It's a nice little project to do while I'm listening to music or sumn. Also there's a private server my brothers and I have, we've got some projects we're kinda sorta working on but not really.

I also was thinking that I wanted a lighter game, both tonally and gameplay wise, to playthrough along with New Vegas and I looked at my Steam wishlist and saw Pizza Tower, a game inspired by Wario Land, so I'll probably buy that this weekend.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Aside from playing a lot of Sunbreak, I've been doing a ton of grinding in Granblue Fantasy. I'm almost able to finish recruiting all of the Eternals characters (tip: don't do this. if you know you know.) which is a grind that's taken me like three years. Just waiting on the real-time event Rise of the Beasts to return so I can get the last two gold bricks I need to unlock them. Then I can get this cool drip:

Leader_skin_310501_01.png

Which is basically just a fancy cosmetic to congratulate you for your suffering.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I pulled out my N64 and my childhood copy of Banjo-Kazooie and explored the save file which is still there. I spent most of the time so far getting 100% in Freezeezy Peak and then moved on to Bubblegloop Swamp to try and do the same but the mini game with the croc Mr. Vile is really giving me a hard time. I'll have to give it another shot soon.

Digimon Story Dusk.

Was thinking about going back to Animal Crossing. Yet again.
But nah.

Thinking about Stardew Valley, though.
And getting a Switch Lite. Only wish there was a Zelda-theme one.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
Currently got about 60 hours of gameplay on Fallout New Vegas.

PC version sucks. The game only crashed on me twice during my entirety of playthrough on Xbox 360 but PC? I have a page filled with 27 tally-marks.
And the game crashes if I try to buy a certain Gemmorah card from one specific trader.

Really need to have the Unofficial Patch mod to make this game remotely playable on PC.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
After meaning to play it for like, years, I've finally started Metroid Prime. I'm playing the switch version. My only issue with the controls is that there's no option to use both motion controls and the right analog stick, it's only one or the other. I like motion controls better when I'm fighting since it's faster, but the stick is better for just exploring and looking around imo. Controls aside the first part was pretty fun and I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

Didn’t realize Bomb Rush Cyberfunk was dropping today. Have been kind of trying to keep on top of the news about it but it’s hard when Twitter feeds get foxxed. Only an hour in but it seems really fun so far. I’ve only played the original Jet Set Future so I can’t really compare to the sequel, but the art style, music, and movement options all seem like a pretty natural and fluid evolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom