• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What features do you want the NX to have?

One of those games doesn't belong
BotW. I know most people will get it on the NX. But technically it is still a WiiU release as well.
I'll take quality and quantity. The other systems have both (and the PC has everything, because we are glorious), so the NX needs to keep up. While solid first party titles are all well and good, a system cannot survive entirely on a diet of Mario and Legend of Zelda, especially when the producer neglects those franchises or lessens their appeal with lackluster titles.
You're a PC fan. That's ok. The PC does have a lot going for it gamingwise. But it's not perfect. Nintendo is doing what the PC is not. A more innovative way to play games.

Also quality and quantity is not always a good thing. No one has the time or the money for a ton of great games so they choose the few they want and thus the overall sales are lower because no one is buying every one of the great games. A smaller number of must have games willbe the golden ticket here. The WiiU didn't have the must have games at launch. The NX looks to have them. A huge difference.

Last edited:

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Oh I meant Color Splash just because of the fan reception it's received
That is a game that isn't out yet(a mistake even I made as well). Actually, this game is getting really positive previews so far, by those who got the game early because Nintendo ****ed up.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
BotW. I know most people will get it on the NX. But technically it is still a WiiU release as well.

You're a PC fan. That's ok. The PC does have a lot going for it gamingwise. But it's not perfect. Nintendo is doing what the PC is not. A more innovative way to play games.

Also quality and quantity is not always a good thing. No one has the time or the money for a ton of great games so they choose the few they want and thus the overall sales are lower because no one is buying every one of the great games. A smaller number of must have games willbe the golden ticket here. The WiiU didn't have the must have games at launch. The NX looks to have them. A huge difference.

There is no downside to having a plethora of good games. A console can be as good and "innovative" as it wants to be, but without a growing library of quality titles, it will fail. There's a reason the PlayStation One and Two continued to sell well even during the lifespans of their successors, and it's the reason systems like the Wii U and the Dreamcast fail.

That is a game that isn't out yet(a mistake even I made as well). Actually, this game is getting really positive previews so far, by those who got the game early because Nintendo ****ed up.
I know, but the negative fanservice received since Sticker Star will forever taint this series now; it won't make as nearly as many sales as it could have due to it.

Refurbished

Adventuring
– Backwards compatibility. I realize the chances of this are slim, but I'm still hopeful.
– Handheld / Home Console feature. Once again, another rumor. But I'd absolutely love to take games like BoTW around with me.

Those who are the two things I'd absolutely love to see. However my only issue is with the Handheld / Home Console. And that's battery life. I'd imagine it'd have to be bulky in order to get at least a good battery life out of it; IF it actually had the portability that's been rumored.

There is no downside to having a plethora of good games. A console can be as good and "innovative" as it wants to be, but without a growing library of quality titles, it will fail. There's a reason the PlayStation One and Two continued to sell well even during the lifespans of their successors, and it's the reason systems like the Wii U and the Dreamcast fail.
The Sony gaming division and Nintendo are doing just about equally profitwise at the moment. Profit is the only true statistic of how successful a business is. Both only recently turned their losses into profits.
– Backwards compatibility. I realize the chances of this are slim, but I'm still hopeful.
I would so hope so. But it might be VC only unfortunately cause of the rumoured use of the Tegera 2 CPU. The GC -> the WiiU are all based on the same chip set.

Refurbished

Adventuring
I would so hope so. But it might be VC only unfortunately cause of the rumoured use of the Tegera 2 CPU. The GC -> the WiiU are all based on the same chip set.

I'm perfectly content with that. I wouldn't mind repurchasing some old favorites. But that all depends on whether or not Nintendo is willing to give enough of a **** to actually support it. Which I see as unlikely based on previous attempts.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I know, but the negative fanservice received since Sticker Star will forever taint this series now; it won't make as nearly as many sales as it could have due to it.
No matter how much a game sells, it doesn't mean how good a game it is. For example, Sticker Star sold quite well. However, Sticker Star is an absolutely terrible game. Also, a game such as Beyond Good and Evil didn't sell that well either... But that doesn't mean that the game was bad. The game was absolutely fantastic.
Dude. You have to stop thinking about the "home console" world, and the "handheld" world. Nintendo is changing the rules on us. That is fact. In concerns to the NX, the only thing we can judge is Nintendo as whole. So that is the 3DS and Wii U combined. Of which, if Nintendo takes advantage of the success that was the 3DS(which has sold more units than the PS4). Then that appeal of Brand definitely isn't failing.

Also, while Sony has bigger revenue, their costs are far greater. In regards to actual profit, the gaming division of Sony and all of Nintendo are about equal.

No matter how much a game sells, it doesn't mean how good a game it is. For example, Sticker Star sold quite well. However, Sticker Star is an absolutely terrible game. Also, a game such as Beyond Good and Evil didn't sell that well either... But that doesn't mean that the game was bad. The game was absolutely fantastic.
Sure, that's true, but if the majority of the fambase are basing it off their past experience with the most recent title game then it won't sell because of what they're associating this new title with.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
Just the basics please

System Link and external HDD support were strong throughout 7th gen and severely overlooked (probably deliberately because 'muh monopoly complex') this generation. A disc tray with a long service life wouldn't go astray either (looking at you, MS)

Kinda excited to see what bells and whistles the NX has but speculation isn't my department

Just... games. And I don't even care about third party games because I already have a PC to play games on. I'm solely in it for the exclusives, which the Nintendo platforms generally have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom