• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What Ever Happened to Those Masks?

After the end of Majora's Mak we know Link has gone back out to find Navi...Really? We never see those masks again after that exept at the end of Twilight Princess during the credits. What ever happened to the Goron Mask, the Deku Mask, and the Zora Mask? Maybe the happy mask salesman took them? I really cannot figure it out. Let me know what you think happened. NaviandLink, out.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
After the end of Majora's Mak we know Link has gone back out to find Navi...Really? We never see those masks again after that exept at the end of Twilight Princess during the credits. What ever happened to the Goron Mask, the Deku Mask, and the Zora Mask? Maybe the happy mask salesman took them? I really cannot figure it out. Let me know what you think happened. NaviandLink, out.

What? Don't you mean Majora's Mask?

And the answer to this is obvious. He gave those masks to the moon children. Remember? In order to get the Fierce Deity Mask, Link has to trade his masks to the moon children. So, he wouldn't have those. And by the way, we never see basically ANY of Link's items again after the credits... Not counting other ones in other games, of course. I don't see what would make the masks any different, that they wouldn't be treated like the rest of the items.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yeah I would go with what Azure said; Link's mission in Termina is to a) make people happy and b) save the saddened world from a terrible fate. Going along with that, I think it is safe to assume the Fierce Deity's Mask is canon, and to obtain it Link has to give the masks to the Moon Children. So, twenty three masks are gone from there. The FD's Mask would probably have been locked away, given that it has a lot of latent power, well once the battle with Majora is over an done with. That's the twenty fourth, sealed.

There is also the chance that Link just threw his masks away to start anew.

Said masks are not present in the ending credits of Twilight Princess. Fans have endeavored to connect Majora's Mask to other installments but these ends have failed to come to fruition because during production phases the game's subtitle "gaiden", literally meant side story. Termina is its own parallel dimension with no connections to the Hyrules, Holodrums, Labrynnas, etc. of other games in the franchise.

What does the Happy Masked Salesman do with the masks he's carrying at the end of MM? There's no coherent explanation concerning the fate of these objects. He's seen leaving Termina during the ending credits and then silence reigns supreme. I'm in agreement with a number of people on this forum in surmising that he uses these masks to wreak havoc as they are the three transformations Link is subjected to and the Masked Salesman appears to be one of the few denizens aware of the fate awaiting Termina.

You-Know-Who

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
In hiding... waiting to kill Harry Potter....
As everyone else says, the moon children/HMS's theoredical counterparts kept the masks. But something interesting i noticed was that at the Nintendo Gallery on WW, I saw 4 masks hanging on the guy's wall. Now why does someone from the Adult Timeline has those masks?

It's more complicated than Link just giving the masks to the moonchildren, because if you get back in time, you get the masks back, but it's not like the moon children event didn't happen, because you keep the Fierce Deity mask if you got that.

Maybe Link gave all his masks happy mask salesman, who somehow can remove the 'ability' of masks (which would explain why he was trying to get Majora's Mask - to stop it from causing evil) and then he went back in time in Hyrule and started up a shop there to sell/lend them (which would explain why some of the masks from MM are found in the Happy Mask store). It's silly, sure, but I wouldn't put it past him to have these powers. You could also use it to explain why some masks feature in the Nintendo Gallery.

They appear at the end of TP? I had no knowledge of that. Maybe the moon children kept them.

I cant talk for NaviandLink, but the only thing connected to any mask at the end of TP could be that some people see the Majoras Mask in a wall

[video=youtube;XI89rKljncQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI89rKljncQ[/video]

thougn I can see the thing in the wall, I fail to seriously see the Mask, so I don't give it my support, and even if its really the mask in the wall, I would not say that those mask were in the game.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
First off, the moon children do not have them. When they ask for masks if you try to give them the Deku Goron or Zora mask they will say something along the lines of "No! Not That one! A different one!" and they won't accept the mask.

Boring answer: what happens to all of Link's items at the end of every Zelda game? Doesn't matter, they are just items that only serve a use for that game

Fun answer: I'd say either the happy mask salesman took them off of Link's hands (we know how that man likes his masks), or they were given to their respective "owners" (Deku Mask was given to the deku butler, Goron Mask was given to the gorons to worship Darmani, and Zora mask was given to the Indigo-gos)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Its a cameo for a good reason. The six sages in the stained glass in WW are the same as OoT's sages. After Link left, all 7 reestablished Hyrule before it was flooded. It doesn't explain much on the masks, though.

If you ask me, it's probably for the same reason the Happy Mask Salesman had a Mario mask on his backpack in Majora's Mask. It's just a neat little Easter Egg. I really doubt there's any special meaning to it.

Well, Link was unconscious after defeating Majora, it was a good opportunity for the Happy Mask Salesman :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom