• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Want to See Out of Kingdom Hearts 3?

ProtagonistJake

Shepard
Here's what I would like to see out of Kingdom Hearts 3.
I will keep it as spoiler free as possible.

Story: Kingdom Heart's narrative is infamous for how convoluted it can be. However, this is an aspect that many fans, including myself, have been able to look over for some time now, for the sake of all the other impressive aspects it presents to us in compensation. It's also almost always been for the sake of establishing the series mysteries and lore. However, for the Xehanort saga at least, I believe we no longer have anything left to establish at this point.
This is the conclusion of said saga, so it should be filled with nothing but closure. This game's plot should be simple, and tie up all the loose ends in an easy to understand, and as least angst filled, way as possible.
I would also like Kairi to get some well needed development, seeing how she'll be becoming a playable character as Riku has.
As for one last thing. PLEASE let the Disney characters be represented well this time around. They way too often get shafted to the side, when they should be HUGE parts of the main character's development.
They almost NEVER are, with KH1, sorta Re:COM, and most of BBS being the only exceptions.
Give the Disney characters who aren't Donald, Goofy, and Mickey a chance to connect to the protagonists, so they don't just feel so "there" anymore.
As a Disney fan, it's infuriating.
--------------
Gameplay: The series has come close to perfecting a gameplay style for the series in it's many installments, but never quit been, THERE. However, if we were to take certain aspects from certain games, I'd feel it''d mesh well into quite the gameplay experience. Allow me to mention 3 titles in particular.

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix 1.5 HD ReMIX version

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.

Kingdom Hearts 1 (1.5 HD Final Mix version... Wow thats a mouthful...) got the basic concept for the layout of the command box, combined with triangle being a context sensitive button for objects and special moves, just right. The gameplay truly felt like a 3D Action RPG. The one problem everyone had is that what you would be doing most of the time, is spamming X three times for the basic attack. In Kingdom Hearts 2, that problem is even more evident with Magic being barley useful, and its combos lasting even longer. There needs to be more skill required to pull off the standard 3 hit combo, to make for a more satisfying, and less redundant, experience.
The player being able to only pull off one hit if spamming, and instead having to time your hits to pull off the full combo, like with the ability "Key Raid" in the original, would make the combat feel less stale. Also adding more variety to the standard attack moves other than just adding to the combo, (Different hit-zones and such) with these moves also requiring skill, or different timing to pull off. This would make for a much more satisfying experience.
Also as a side note... Please bring back the right analog stick camera movement... Please...

Kingdom Hearts DDD made platforming and mobility a lot less, well, frustrating. Platforming in past KH games was know for how much it just didn't work, like, at all. The parkour system added more variety to how you moved around the worlds, even during boss fights, which also added to the combat. This returning would be well welcomed.

The command deck mechanic is one of the most ingenious ideas the series has ever fabricated. It added a unique way of playing and character advancement that could be unique to every player depending how they wanted to play. You could come up with your own battle strategies, making you have to really think in battles. It also had the best guard mechanics. This making a return of some form, combined with KH1's in some way would be favorable, would easily be one of, if not, THE best action RPG combat mechanics ever fabricated.

All these aspects combined would make for an amazingly satisfying KHIII experience.
--------------------
Level Design: Make them feel like actual living, breathing, worlds again like in KH1, except even MORE life. Instead of the linear barren wastelands of KH2 and onward...
Don't be afraid to put meaningless NPCs and rooms as long as it makes the world feel more alive. Don't block us from taking certain paths either, because that makes the game too scripted for each player, and ruins the experience.
--------------------

That's about all I got so far. Be sure to post what you guys want! :yes:

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
All I care about is getting KH2 2.0. No more command type gameplay (thankfully we're not getting it this time around). I want Synthesis to return. I want a crap ton of Keyblades, and I want the abilities to work the same way as they did in KH2. I really do not want to see any allusions to Flowmotion; getting Super/Glide was an achievement in the old days, but little more than an afterthought in KH3D.

But...I know that KH3 will be great. We haven't had a bad Kingdom Hearts title yet, and they won't screw up III. That much I know.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
*coughkhdayscough*
I highly disagree. Days has superb writing - the best of the series - and although ~90% of it is rehash, it is rehash done right. Not even Re:coded is bad. Re:coded sports the strongest Command based gameplay of the series thus far, with melding, leveling up to LV100, and completely customizable playthroughs using the Stat Matrix (seriously, you can be 100% geared towards Thunder based commands, be a pure strength, pure defence, pure HP...so many combinations you can make! D:

ProtagonistJake

Shepard
Day's combat and mission base system is SO AWFUL though
It's unbearable at times

And Coded is good, but I wouldn't say its better than BBS overall. It's Command system is basically the same as BBS except with the neat little matrix thing.
Plus its story is SO irrelevant, which is the only advantage Days has over it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Day's combat and mission base system is SO AWFUL though
It's unbearable at times

I agree the combat could've been so much better, but I personally love the mission system! It isn't ideal for KH3, but it was great for a portable game. The onyl thing that REALLY got on my nerves was Ruler of the Sky. >_<

ProtagonistJake

Shepard
If the missions didn't repeat themselves about 50 times, with a worse version of KH2s level design being what youre consistently traveling through, I wouldn't mind that much.

It's story is pretty good though.
Though the angst that made KH2s Story so annoying can be there at times. And Xion is a bit too much of a Mary Sue at times...

Glad they're just giving us the cutscenes in 1.5

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If the missions didn't repeat themselves about 50 times, with a worse version of KH2s level design being what youre consistently traveling through, I wouldn't mind that much.
I fail to see how KH2's level design was at all bad...in fact it was my favorite! D:

Glad they're just giving us the cutscenes in 1.5
I have KHHD 1.5 ReMIX and I assure you, having Days in cutscene format is just heart beating. I would definitely wait the extra year to get it in game format; those graphics are TOO pretty to ignore. D:

Speaking of which...what I do NOT want to see from KH3 is KH3FM. I've had enough of Final Mixes - not because the content is bad but because I hate having to spend a lot of dough to import. We're JUST NOW getting KH1FM, while Japan has had it since its inception like 9 years ago Q_Q

I'm not asking for Square Enix to do DLC. Disney probably would've have it anyway. But I am asking them to release any updates internationally rather than solely in Japan. Q_Q

ProtagonistJake

Shepard
Yeah, if there is KH3 Final Mix, I'm-!... I'm gonna whine about It more I guess...
There better not be basically!

as for KH2s design. It was too linear, and barren of life alot of the time. It's a common problem with the series in general, but it's a bit overboard in this game. Look at the Pride Lands. Instead of giving this huge Jungle to explore, they give us a huge, empty, enemy room with 3 linear routs to take. Missed potential at it's finest. The PIRATE SHIP in Neverland has more exploration then the Pride Lands in KH2... Unacceptable.
It's a downgrade from KH1 basically. It was a tad better in KH3D, but not good enough honestly.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
as for KH2s design. It was too linear, and barren of life alot of the time. It's a common problem with the series in general, but it's a bit overboard in this game. Look at the Pride Lands. Instead of giving this huge Jungle to explore, they give us a huge, empty, enemy room with 3 linear routs to take. Missed potential at it's finest. The PIRATE SHIP in Neverland has more exploration then the Pride Lands in KH2... Unacceptable.
It's a downgrade from KH1 basically. It was a tad better in KH3D, but not good enough honestly.

Ah, I see what you mean. But, I found KH1's objectives to be really unclear at moments, but the route you had to take for progression was linear itself. KH2 merely helped by streamlining the process, instead of making players get confused with haphazard objectives almost always stated through text within a HUGE world with very little that actually takes place. :I

KH3D's world design had even less interaction than KH2. And the worlds had EVEN LESS personality. Where KH2's worlds were typically "pretty backdrop with a few NPCs here and there", KH3D's worlds were "here's a pretty backdrop". You know...I see what you mean regarding KH1's level design, and although I disagree with it, it would be interesting to see where KH3 might take it. :)

ProtagonistJake

Shepard
I don't see how KH1s world were confusing honestly, and especially don't see how they needed to be streamlined in anyway, but that doesn't matter I guess.

Bottom line, don't make the worlds linear and lifeless in KH3 pwease sqware :kawaii:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Here Are Some Things To Expect in Kingdom Hearts 3

Very important detail that I missed was that Sora can now change the shape of his Keyblade. While I am personally against this idea - I absolutely loved the Gummi Ship in KH2 - this is still really cool. I'm excited to see what exactly he does with his blade since he's quite obviously a Master at this point.

Not sure if I said earlier but I heavily desire synthesis to return. And awesome Keyblade designs as well.

Regarding the shift in style, it was said there the original designs for KH1 were paint drawings. I'm still not savvy about it, but it's whatever at thi point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom