• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What do you want to know before release?

We've not seen much of Zelda U so far so we know precious little about the key features that the game is going to present to us.

However, if we look at the bigger picture, which things would you like to know before the game's release?

Would you like to know all of the locations on the map?
How many dungeons there are?
What the new items do?
What the new gameplay features will be?
Who all of the new characters are?

Or other things?

Salem

SICK
These are the most important things to me:
  • Can I skip cutscenes I have seen for the first time?
  • How long will the prologue be?
  • How is the combat?
  • How non-linear is it?
  • Will there be a master quest/hero mode?

Last edited:

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I would like to know as little as possible before playing it, however I am a fan of concept art, so I guess I would like too see some of that, and just...you know...Speculate. Other than that, I just want to know what the sub-title is. And to tell you the truth, I would be even happier to find out there is no sub-title, and just be The Legend of Zelda.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
This is my list of things that I want to know before release:
-Sub-title
-Story premise
-A hand full of story details
-Examples of some enemies and characters
-A good Idea of what combat will be like and some examples of items and their usage
-A tease of who the villain will be

I think that is it.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
I'd like to see
  • A couple of examples of varied terrain (maybe a swamp, a dungeon and a desert or something)
  • A display of sword combat.
  • A few different races.
  • A short look at the starting village.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I just want to know the name. For once, I want to be surprised about a game, and not have anything else ruined with trailers or previews. Maybe a short 30 second trailer with some clips of gameplay and a little CGI mixed in. But nothing detailed, no number of dungeons, who the main villain is, anything. I want it to be a surprise!

I want to know that game retailers have not broken the street dates for general sale. Most game retailers break the street dates and simply don't care that they do it.

Aku

-The full title

-Hints of who the main villain will be (I strongly suspect it will be Ganon/dorf)

- If there is going to be an annoying 'helpful' sidekick like Fi or NCP like Kaepora ("Would you like to hear that again?") ("Master, there is a 100% probability that I will annoy you again in the next several minutes.")

-If there is skippable cutscenes or dialog

-If it's linear (Follow item from Dungeon A to go to Dungeon B that has item X that only works in Dungeon C.")

-If it's a new timeline branch, somewhere on the old arms of the timeline, or a reboot (Not that I am truly invested in the timeline in actual practice, but it is sort of an interesting thing to know. For what it feels like, I am betting this is likely a reboot of Zelda 1.)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
We've not seen much of Zelda U so far so we know precious little about the key features that the game is going to present to us.

However, if we look at the bigger picture, which things would you like to know before the game's release?

Would you like to know all of the locations on the map?
How many dungeons there are?
What the new items do?
What the new gameplay features will be?
Who all of the new characters are?

Or other things?

Dunno we will probably all be dead by the time it comes out.

This is a bit of a weird one for me because the only major console release I've been through is Skyward Sword, which obviously was spoilers galore. So, with a release so huge, I'm not really sure how much I (don't) want to know going in. This is what I'm sure of, though:

• The premise of the story
  • The main villain
  • Some new items
  • A dungeon or two
  • A few npc's
  • A few areas
The only thing I know I don't want to know is the timeline placement. Idk. I'd rather just figure it out for myself, and/or have some theories floating around for a while. They can reveal it later if they want, for the purposes of avoiding a second timeline war.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom