• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors What do you think about leveling?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Leveling is in this game, and it's a staple in the gameplay. You gain EXP from fighting, and that EXP makes you stronger. Naturally. However, there are level recommendations for every mission that can sometimes turn into thresholds. Go in underleveled, and taste defeat.

This can lead to grinding, of course. But grinding is not always a trite pastime, depending on how good the core gameplay loop is. There's also the fact that there's multiple characters, so the game runs the risk of having some of them lag behind, level wise.

How do you find the leveling in this game? Is it well-implemented, and do you like the balance of it? Was it a good idea from the start?

The leveling is a lot like the original HW, so I'm at least familiar with the set up.

I think the leveling is fine, especially since you get the choice of who to take into battle most of the time.

The training camp is good for punching so low level characters up a few notches, the lower the level the cheaper it is and doesn't really get too expensive until the forties/fifties.

I have huge gaps between the small handful of characters I use and the rest that I don't care about. They won't be difficult to punch up if I need them but even if I did need them for a mission, I'd just switch to a higher level character during battle and do the whole mission with them.

Quin

Disaster Master
Never liked it in the musou games. You either have to grind money or levels, and both aren't really fun to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom