• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you miss about high school/primary school, whatever?

Djinn

and Tonic
Like many here, the complete and total lack of any real responsibility whatsoever. Only thing one has to worry about is keeping grades up. No real projects or deadlines at all.

And for me at least community type projects. My school was pretty active in the local community and was a part of just about every major event in town which led to my being able to work on or make something that was going to be a part of that event. Parades, holiday displays, openings, Christmas tree lightings, Memorial Day setup, and that greek mural on the side of a building downtown. I always liked having made something that is viewed by lots of people.

Implying anyone of us has even truly ever left high school to begin with. All the bad aspects of high school follow us all until we're all dead. We see them at work, at college/university, online, on the bus, train, or wherever. With this in mind, I try to meet every stupid, weird social thing I experience with a "seen it high school," and therefore I know how to deal with it. If it didn't happen to me, I've already seen it happen to someone else. There's seldom anything new under the sun.

Anyway, I hated high school, which is why I'd always skip class to stay home and play videogames or watch PBS Kids (no cable most of the time). It not only bored me but I couldn't stand most of my so-called "peers." Simply adored the "catch up school" I had to go to in order to make up all my credits, though. Ended up graduating a bit earlier than my class. Overall I'm glad that's all over, but it seems I never truly escaped. The only thing that's different now is that I can leave the situation in most cases--if it proves irreparably dumb--without all the negative ramifications that came with 'skipping class.'

It's wise to be mindful of all the things learned in [high] school, as not all things learned come from textbooks.

(Elementary and middle school were okay, I guess. Attended way too many of them to go into detail in the short time I have left here.)

I am homeschooled,and have always been. I did go to a co-op and took a couple classes there when I was in elementary school though. I miss hanging out with my friends after class with nothing to do.

TK8305

Mugenite, Smasher, LPer and ZCer!
Not a thing really. Kinda glad it's over. I've always been bullied, had a couple friends here and there....guess they were the only real good thing about my experience there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom