• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom What did you name your horses?

So BOTW horses carried over, and even though this was the case, I still went and caught 10 new horses, releasing and replacing my BOTW ones. Just wondering what you all named your horses? I decided to name them all after characters from the series:

Tetra, Sheik, Midna, Daphnes, Hylia, Mipha, Revali, Daruk, Urbosa, and Rhoam.

Just some notes:

Hylia was the golden horse.

Rhoam was 'Spot'.

Daphnes was the big white stallion.

Also, Daphnes died in a very weird way, I was ultrahanding a korok to take him to his friend, and the korok startled Daphnes who galloped off a cliff! Couldn't belive it, a Korok of all things killed the big white stallion. Of course, I resurrected him via the horse god.

Other than naming them, and all sidequests involving them, I didn't use horses a great deal really, but thought it was a cool touch to name them after Zelda characters. What did you name yours?

In BotW, the one random horse I got for the one sidequest was Chocolata, and the white one I named Mr. Ed.

In TotK so far, there’s the spotted one I got for the old man in Lookout Landing I named Chuck B.(Chuck Berry), some other spotted one named RlnStns (Rolling Stones), and the golden one I named Diego B.(Diego Brando).

Not all that original with names tbh.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Sort of a call back to the name I chose for my horse in Ghost of Tsushima, being Kage (shadow). The horse there was black, and so is the one I caught in Zelda. Fitting, if on the nose a bit.

From BotW; ggg, royal, lovefoop, b***h, qqooglybo

From TotK: li n˚k, sarasota, snot, sp1r1t, jopps

More details about my horses:

ggg: 4-star strength, 3-star speed, 4-star stamina, 2-star pull with a wild temperament, I love her to the max, she's black with a green mane and the love of my life.

royal: 4-star strength, 3-star speed, 5-star stamina, 3-star pull with a wild temperament, she's too fast and can't climb mountains and she reminds me of Zelda cuz her grandmommy used to be hers. Kinda feels like a hand-me-down tbh.

lovefoop: 5-star strength, 2-star speed, no stamina no pull, wild temperament, probably Ganondorf's horse, big and fun for a beefy ride here and there.

b***h: 4-star strength, 3-star speed, 4-star stamina, 3-star pull with a wild temperament, black steed with piercing cyan eyes and a white mane, named him when I was 16 for the popup message, but fell in love soon after. My nighttime horse.

qqooglybo: 4-star strength, 3-star speed, 4-star stamina, 2-star pull with a wild temperament, I got her to fill all my horse slots and since she was blue, I dyed her mane blue, and she was actually the horse I put the ancient bridle and saddle on. Nowadays, though, she mostly spends time with all my other horses at my house. The original qqooglybo (which was my first horse and before I knew how to type horses names) got sold to that guy in Gerudo Canyon. But new qqooglybo is better than old qqooglybo.

li n˚k: 5-star strength, 2 star-speed, neutral stamina and pull with a wile temperament, The Big White Stallion was a nice reward for Malanya's stable, and that guy gave me the crystal, but something about the size and the light color doesn't mesh, maybe I'm too used to lovefoop. We're only bonded 77/100 cuz I never ride her cuz she's too big.

sarasota: 4-star strength, 4-star speed, 3-star stamina, 2-star pull with a gentle temperament, I love sarasota, she's Zelda's golden horse, I won her after killing a Gleeok, she's great and I love her and we are max bonded and I ride her everywhere until there is a mountain, then I ditch her.

snot: 4-star strength, 3-star speed, 3-star stamina, 2-star pull with a wild temperament, snot used to be named Spot, because he looks like a dalmatian, but then the Lookout Landing stable guy gave me him and now he's snot. I think he's kind of boring, I would have liked for him to have a white mane. We're only bonded 37/100.

sp1r1t: 1-star strength, 3-star speed, 3-star stamina, 2-star pull with a wild temperament, sp1r1t is a spirit-blue horse designed to look cool for a photo that I took with my squad (three homing carts, my 5 sage friends, my horse, and the soldiers I was attacking a monster camp with). He's pretty weak but I love him a lot.

jopps: 2-star strength, 2-star speed, 3-star stamina, 2-star pull with a gentle temperament, jopps replaced a horse named hawl who was my go-to tow horse before I sold him to the Serenne Stable lady. jopps is a nice pastel pink color with flowers in her hair and she's now my go-to tow horse. She brought those guys to their fairies, she brings my mech around when I'm low on Zonaite, she's a great horse and much better than hawl who I am glad I got rid of. I'm pretty sure jopps is short for Jocelyn.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I kept it consistent with my BotW playthrough.

1) Smol Pony. My first horse.
2) Bad Horse. Incredibly uncooperative and I tended to abandon her whenever something happened.
3) Big Horse. He was very big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom