• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are Your Jobs/Chores?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Jobs - Park Services team member @ Six Flags. I basically sweep up all the lazy, filthy nigges' messes. Clean up vomit as well.

Chores - Dishes and my room. Bathroom on occasion.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, I'm a student too, but I work at a bar in the centre of town. A really nice, classy place, so not the type where we get drunks or Grant the bouncer will sort them out. ;) Do a bit of waitressing in the resteraunt upstairs usually, or work the bar if it's busy, but I don't like that at busy times. Too hectic and people ask me for cocktails I don't know, and I feel like a failure having to look at the cheat-sheet to make them.

I've also done little jobs for a few game companies up here but, those are little work experience things, no actual jobs yet. But, fingers crossed!

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm in college at the moment so I don't have the time for a full on job but I've had part time jobs here and there, can't seem to get a full time one but some include:

- Working at a local leisure centre (random errands)
- Setting tables in a pub/restaurant
- JD sports
- Working in a golf shop

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Job: I corrupt America's youth
Chores: Hrm... oh, right. Everything.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'm what you'd call a "carer", my job consists of aiding/taking care of people diagnosed with some form of mental/development disability. The degree of their disabilities varies a lot, some are very high functional and independent, others are very dependant on people for a lot of things. Some of them have physical handicaps as well, ranging from mild to severe.

So you could say my job has a lot of variation. Some need help with their personal hygene, some need help with preparing food, some need assistance when eating, some need me to oversee them when tidying up/cleaning their home, others need me to do the cleaning for them, some need my assistance when going to stores, doctor's appointments, etc, some need help with their medicines, some have daily training sessions (like language training, physical therapy, etc), and in additional to that they need emotional support, encouragement, etc. In addition to making sure they have what they physically need, we try to find ways to enrich their days, come up with acitivities that they will enjoy, give their days that 'little extra'.

I really love my job, especially when I feel that what I do matters for the people I do it for. When they are happy to see me, really, properly happy, that's when I love it the most. When I can go home and feel that what I did that day actually mattered.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Just about every day I walk the dog and every weekend do the laundry, those are more or less my chores.

Courtesy/Utility Clerk at a supermarket. Job consists of bagging for unruly, lazy, and unappreciative customers; clearing/pushing carts for unruly, lazy, unappreciative customers; and cleaning up after unruly, lazy, and unappreciative customers. That's where the "courtesy" part comes in...

In addition, as a utility clerk my job consists of cleaning various areas of the store (sweeping, mopping, etc.; basically janitorial duty), emptying and changing the recycle bins (those things are heavy), and miscellaneous tasks such as refilling the various cleaning products and such. On certain days I work solely as utility...

I also occasionally ring orders on days where it's busy af and we're short on cashiers...

As far as chores go, I do whatever the heck I want when I want, as I have not lived with my parents for a very long time. Fortunately, I've never been the messy type; my apartment reflects that. However, when necessary, I do sweep, vacuum, and wash the dishes....

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
As I am still in highschool, I do not have a full time job. I do, however, have a part time job at my local A&W. My specific jobs at that particular location vary from things like till, to drive thru (my least favourite), or cleaning.
At home, my primary chore is taking out the trash. I ended up having to do that as part of an agreement with my Dad (long story short, it pays for my $2000+ Band Trips... at least what I can't pay with my own money). I don't have to clean my room regularly, but my dad gets quite peeved if he finds out that my bedroom is a mess (see picture thread for an example of just how messy it is...). Also, in our house, we have a rule that involves washing our dishes when we are done with them. We do not have a dishwasher, so this prevents the dishes from piling up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom