• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What are the Skultula houses?

Are the Skultula houses in Majora’s mask supposed to be attractions or they actually cursed places? I know that the spider guy is there in the Deku Skultula house, but that could just be like, a costume or something. Thinking about this given the fact that there’s a sign outside saying what they are and the fact that the ocean one doesn’t have a cursed guy.

Malon

DBA DBA DBABA GF#G DB EF#E (If you know, you know)
I don't know. In OoT, they're cursed, but that may be irrelevant. I'm of the belief that MM is a dream Link has to cope with his mental trauma, so it could have translated over from his experience with the Kakariko Village's House of Skultula.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
This is a good question. I don't really have an answer to it but it's a good prompt to consider.

Edit: Monster Maze is a decent Zelda YouTuber and he's got a video about this subject.

Last edited:
This is a good question. I don't really have an answer to it but it's a good prompt to consider.

Edit: Monster Maze is a decent Zelda YouTuber and he's got a video about this subject.

I'm having a hard time believing that the skultula houses predate or were built around the time the stone tower was built solely on the fact that a lot of things are in pristine condition for that to be the case, but the idea of both areas serving as an area where a cult once stood is definitely sounds interesting. It could also be possible that things were being brought in or out which could lead to the more pristine stuff like the skull kid portraits and wooden crates and the sealing of the oceanside one could've been a recent thing.

I'm not saying I agree with him at all, I'm not big on broad speculation without evidence. Just throwing out a video on the subject.
It does make you think though. Like if the rooms existed for that long, maybe they changed purposes throughout history or something. And different types of furniture were placed and left there over time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom