• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What are the most cinematic cutscenes in the Zelda series?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Cutscenes are a major way that the Zelda series, and all video games, progress the story. While some may be minor, and only serve to tell you your mission, others can make a major plot shift and leave you going "wow"

Any of the Twilight Princess cutscenes are very cinematic, but my personal favorite would be the one where you get the Master Sword. You've cleared the Twilight, Zelda is gone, the wolf form can be controlled now, and Midna asks for your help finding the Mirror of Twilight. I remember after the whole cutscene ended, I just said out loud "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Part 1." Another one would be the one in Ocarina of Time where Impa is fleeing with Zelda and Ganon is right behind them.

What about you? Do you agree or disagree with my opinions, and are there any I missed?

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Any 3D master sword cutscene
The (first) temple of time cutscene from skyward sword is SO GOOD like you have no idea man ah the payoff
Really any skyward sword cutscene tho, the game is a movie in some ways
The encounter at the top of ganondorfs tower in wind waker where you get your butt kicked
Colin rescuing Beth

Humorous
When groose jumps after link
When barnes and bulblin king share a mutual understanding
Link getting launched from a barrel in ww

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
The ending flourish when Link stabs Ganon through the head.
d58a9mp-fd364bee-1e05-43fb-873f-5b6341c3fda5.gif
The small fight scene between Urbosa and two Yiga from the BotW DLC.

Link and Zelda's short flight together at the beginning of SS.

One of the endgame scenes from TP.

And, of course, the scene where you find Ganon playing the organ before Ocarina's endgame.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
That cutscene from TP showing talking about the history of the twili... that was spooky and cryptic as heck! It had all of that creepy other Link and yeeeeeah that's where we got most of those "darker" vibes Nintendo had promised.
My favorite BotW cutscene would have to be the DLC one with Revali- it really helps to develop him as a character more than you see previously and it also make him seem like less of a jerk. You really feel for the dude.
And as for AoC-
When Sidon comes back to save Mipha- I must have watched that cutscene like 20 timesssss

I would definetly say the following:

1) Link pulling out the Master sword in OOT, only for it to be revealed that Ganondorf actually snuck in behind him and stole the Triforce (of power), with Link then going into a seven year slumber and ultimately growing up as is shown in the next scene when he is in the chamber of sages. I think that was very momentous in symbolizing Link reach a milestone of growing up and starting coming a long way in his journey, as well as really setting the scene for the catastrophe that is befalling Hyrule.

2) The ending scene of OOT where Link and Zelda are in the sky after having defeated Ganondorf and are bidding goodbye. It is very emotional and bittersweet, as Hyrule has finally been saved, yet Link and Zelda have to bid goodbye to each other, with some implied romance between the two, and Link being ultimately sent back in time, not being remembered for his heroic deeds and leading to further trouble for him in the following events that take place in Majora's Mask.

3) The scene in Twilight Princess after Link has just defeated King Bulbin for the first time, and he sways majestically on Epona, symbolizing that the Hero of Twilight/Hero chosen by the goddesses has been born, with pretty epic music playing to go with it.

4) The ending scene of Twilight Princess with Ganondorf, where Link impales Ganondorf with the Master Sword, Ganondorf screams, stands up with the sword in his chest, looks at his Triforce of Power hoping it to save him, only for it to abandon him, with Zant then, from an apparent afterlife, breaking his neck, killing him telepathically, with Link and Zelda standing next to him staring in shock. That was indeed very epic and intense; the best, most momentous end to a final boss, with him actually having been explicitly killed, in such an intense kind of way as well, through both impalement then telepathic neck breaking which was pretty messed up, and pretty cool having his own minion contribute to his death.

5) In OOT when child Link arrives at Hyrule Castle, about to deliver the spirtual stones to Princess Zelda only to see Zelda and Impa ride away on their horse while Ganondorf is in pursuit of them, as Zelda throws the Ocarina into the moat for Link and then Ganondorf appears, ambushing Link and announcing his evil intentions to rule the world, who shows his bravery as he gets his sword out, only to be pushed back Ganondorf's sorcery. This was amazing as it showed the start of what was going to be a real catastrophe, but without us knowing just yet how this would happen, we still felt that fear and intensity arising, and what the rest of our journey would involve.

6) Entering the room with Ganondorf in playing his theme on his organ in Ganon's castle in OOT, ready for the final boss fight. It really sets the scene, having finally reached the climax of your courageous journey facing evil, as now you are facing the ultimate king of evil, with Ganondorf perfectly symbolizing the fear, darkness and evil here, as you have finally reached the peak of the tension after having gone through his castle with the very tense music playing to discover he was playing it all along of course!

As you can probs tell, these are my faves games of all time, particularly OOT! Twilight Princess I think is rightly known for its cinematic scnes, which I love, but OOT is my ultimate favourite, so overall I think that would still win in my books!

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I've always been very fond of the cutscene when you play the Song of Storms to empty the Well in OoT. The way the music speeds up and the "camerawork" just creates a special feeling that has always appealed to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom