• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are Some Things That Run in Your Family?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are some things that run in your family? (It can be certain habits/behaviors/idiosyncrasies, disorders, diseases, etc. etc. ...anything goes.)

Here are a few things that run in my family:

1. Diabetes runs on my mother's side of the family.
  2. Walking. I come from a long line of walkers. The lack of a vehicle or public transport or inclement weather won't stop us (my family) from getting where we need to go.
  3. Stubbornness. Heh.
  4. Tallness also runs on my mom's side of the family.
  5. Nomads. Members of my family can't seem to stay in one place for very long. (i.e., we tend to move A LOT).
May post more as it comes to mind, but don't quote me on this.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
In terms of physical appearance, long legs run in the family on my dad's side. haha thats funny because legs run... no, ok
My family is also extremely sarcastic, so we got that going for us. Unfortunately, there are also long histories of various health conditions, none of which I have been diagnosed with yet, so hopefully it stays that way!

LinkIsSexy

Kissing Link is like chocolate; rich and sweet.
Off the top of my head: sarcastic/peverted senses of humor, various health issues, sci-fi fans, a love of LOZ/gaming, a love of musical theater and other artsy things.

Malia

Passive aggressive custom rank B)
Artistic/creative--most of us are pretty handy with any sorta creative activity, whether you wanna say sketching, painting, singing, a keen eye for detail, writing, that sorta stuff.

Physically coordinated/athletic--most of us are either good at a variety of sport, or really coordinated dancers, or both.

Fierce temper--we can have really, really destructive and unkind tempers >_o.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Hmm...

Most people in my family have a hard to satisfy sweet tooth. Good handwriting, productiveness, and academics also run in the family. The men in the family are tall, whereas the women are average to above average height. As far as diseases or conditions go, high blood pressure runs in my dad's side of the family, and there have been a few cases of breast cancer on my mom's side. There's also a history of anxiety and panic attacks on my mom's side of the family, so I try not to get too stressed out.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Height would be the first that springs to mind. Me and my twin are the two shortest in the family and we're about 5' 8", whereas everyone else is quite tall. My 2 Eldest brothers are 6' 8".

And I guess light-coloured hair would be another. Everyone has blonde, light brown or red hair, there's no dark hair.

And a more attitude one would be a resentment of authority, maybe? Now that sounds like some weird punk thing to say and I can't think of a better way of putting it but of the 7 of us, 5 have our own companies. Seems to be a running theme that everyone wants to be their own Boss and have been going into loads of different jobs with that being the only similarity. One of my brothers finally opened his own cocktail bar in town, another has a big recruitment agency all over the country and is jetting off to Dubai in a few weeks time. I think growing up so poor and a few of my older brothers dropping out of school to get jobs might have lent to this, since they have no qualifications and it was almost a necessity.

Arguing over Monopoly would be the final thing.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
On my dad's side, anger issues, stubbornness, work ethic.
On my mom's side, artistic, intelligence.

Combined: 90% of my family are physicians/scientists of some kind. My dad's bro is the only one who isn't one.

Here's to breaking the trend! My sister and I are both going into law :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom