• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What are some of the weirdest/least common things you've ever eaten

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I've had chicken feet, which really just tasted like chicken wings but more annoying to eat.

I've also had rattlesnake and rabbit sausage, which was tasty.

My brother made a gooseberry pie last year, which was pretty interesting. They taste kind of like lemony grapes.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
I guess bear? Bear hunting isn't exactly abnormal where I live, but only then I have only had it once amidst a huge sprawl of other big and small game animals

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I've had chicken feet, which really just tasted like chicken wings but more annoying to eat.

I've also had rattlesnake and rabbit sausage, which was tasty.

My brother made a gooseberry pie last year, which was pretty interesting. They taste kind of like lemony grapes.
My grandmother loves chicken feet! She is from Malaysia where they are a delicacy.

As for me I have eaten a lot of things which might be considered uncommon or unusual at least in the UK although some of these are quite commonly eaten in certain places.

I have eaten: Puffer Fish, Zebra, Bear, Crocodile, Scorpion, Crickets, Reindeer, Moose, Kangaroo, Peacock and Camel.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Mine's probably boring but beef and pork are the rarest food I've tried. It's cuz of the Hindu and Muslim population they're rare. You can find good beef in Kerala and pork in North Eastern states near China.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Probably the weirdest thing I've eaten meant to actually be food is probably pheasant.

But... game birds like waterfowl and pheasant, as well as deer and other such animals are common things to eat where I live, so, not really all that weird.

I will die on the hill that bison is better than cow, in that it's leaner, more rich tasting, and when you live near a reservation like I do, you know the second best thing is bison, right after fry bread.

I, unfortunately, have to cut back a bit on dairy and red meat and eat more grains, fruits, and veggies to lower my cholesterol at my mother's insistence as she's been a nurse ever since I was little.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Maybe nutria. Nutria tacos to be specific. I also ate a cadis fly larva straight out the shell, that was nasty. Simmering birch sap on the stove right now, that's kind of weird but it's tasty.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I've had raw chicken... chicken sashimi. The texture was awful and it tasted terrible but thankfully I didn't get sick from it like I worried I might.

I've also tried Emu which was gross and Kangaroo which I didn't like too much either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom