• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What are 5 must play NON-Nintendo games?

Daku Rinku

Paya’s Pal
ZD Champion
Forum Volunteer
1. Halo CE
2. Halo 2
3. Resident Evil
4. Resident Evil 2
5. Star Wars Battlefront II (2005)
It has a engrossing campaign that bridges the Prequels and Original Trilogy. The Multiplayer is phenomenal!

1. Sonic The Hedgehog 1, 2, 3, & Knuckles and Sonic Adventure 1 & Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes
2. Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, & 3 and Crash Banidcoot 4
3. Spyro The Dragon 1, 2, & 3
4. Halo series
5. Ty The Tasmanian Tiger Series

I love this: Much like its predecessor takes inspiration from The World is Not Enough (as it was intended to be a port of the movie's game), Nightfire takes more of its cues

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
It's a difficult subject to limit to just five. There are countless excellent games out there, but lemme break down just a few of my favorites. The first one is obvious:

1) Dark Souls is the best Zelda game I've played. It's a cold adventure that emphasizes player skill, caution, and adventure. I'm not sure there's yet been a series that mimics the sheer danger that the world of Dark Souls represents. It's a difficult journey, but one worth diving into. It isn't for everyone, but I'm confident it's for a lot of people.

2) Divinity: Original Sin 2. Despite the big 2 in the title, this isn't a game that depends on player knowledge of other games in the franchise. Divinity 2 is not only one of the best RPGs I've played, but one of the best games I've played period. Until the early access release of Baldur's Gate 3, it was the closest you could come to playing Dungeons and Dragons in video game form.

3) Prey. Often referred to as Prey 2017 by people who are stupid and wrong, Prey 2 is my favorite example of the "immersive sim". This vague genre emphasizes interaction with the environment and within game systems. It's a tense game of mystery and survival aboard a space station barely hanging on in the wake of an alien outbreak.

4) Resident Evil 2 (2019). Resident Evil 2 is one of the best games I've played. A remake of the old 1990s horror classic (?), it is one of the tightest and best horror games I've played. It's a game oozing with content that begs to be played multiple times.

5) Warhammer: Vermintide 2. The best multiplayer game I've played in years. I picked up the original game in 2015, but the sequel is such a significant step forward that playing the original is only for those diehard fans willing to tolerate a significantly worse loot design. If you played Left 4 Dead and wanted more, Vermintide 2 is more of that, better, and in a vaguely magical medieval setting.
Since it released after my original post, let me make one addition:

5.5) Baldur's Gate 3. It is the best CRPG made to date. That's a heck of a statement to make without added backing, but no game is quite as dense as BG3. It's the sort of tightly packed RPG to account for thousands and thousands of player choices through well acted dialogue, full motion captured cutscenes, and bear sex the most straight forward adaptation of D&D 5e rules out there. The early access portion that released in September 2020 was bigger and denser than almost all finished games. The complete game is probably the best game I've played to date, and I don't see that likely to change for at least another ten years.

When you're told that Baldur's Gate 3 is 140 GB it doesn't surprise you. You nod and say, "Yeah, that makes sense."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom