• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What 2D Game Would You Most Want to See in 3D?

Which game would you most like to see in 3D?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages

• Four Swords

• Four Swords Adventures

• The Minish Cap

• No remakes!

• Total voters

Keeseman

Smash is Life
To branch off a bit from VikzeLink's current poll, which 2D game would you most want to see remade in 3D?

Would it be the original LoZ game? Or maybe it's sequel, AoL?
Or maybe it would be the classic, legendary game that is aLttP?
Or maybe it is the fun, atypical sequel to that game, Link's Awakening?
What about the Oracle games? Would you prefer to see those remade in 3D?
What about the Four Sword games? And would you prefer that to be more like Four Swords, or more like FSA?
Or maybe you would like to see the Minish Cap in 3D?
Or, possibly, you don't want to see any of these games in 3D at all, and want to keep them the way they are?

Personally, I would have tLoZ remade before any of these. How incredible would it be to have the game that started it all in 3D, so we can play it again with even more challenging 3D puzzles and dungeons? And a very difficult game it would be, with the little help that the original game offered, with minor hints like "Dodongo dislikes smoke" and the like.
I would love to see this in the Wii U HD format, but as we have seen how well OoT was remade in 3D, it could also be done on the 3DS.

I would also like to see aLttP remade in 3D, as I have stated in a previous thread, but I would want to see tLoZ first. So, if not tLoZ, then aLttP all the way.

Adventure of Link it has a lot of ideas behind it that if kept in tact could make for a fresh experience, OoT also used a lot of AoL as reference for characters amongst other things. AoL also had a very bland world that needs the best made out of it becuase the places sounded and looked as if they had wonderful series enriching potential, the dungeons are different to the elemental affairs we get today too as are the bosses, so AoL is my choice for a 3D overhaul.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think A link to the Past would be a very popular choice but I would love to see the Minish Cap in 3D as the graphics would look amazing on a console and the overwoold and dungeons were some of the most unique out of the 2D era....So with this in 3D it would be even better :)

None of them.

I don't understand the craze for 3D remakes of the older 2D games ever since the rumor of a three dimensional rendition of A Link to the Past. Personally, the 2D games are much harder than their 3D counterparts and this difficulty would be lost in transition due to the added z-axis providing added room for evasion. The goal of a remake should be to emulate the original source material as closely as possible.

Another compelling argument is franchises which never managed to leap to 3D successfully such as Castlevania. While Nintendo is a top tier gaming developer, it's best not to take the risk of turning a master class series into a mess which shares the same name.

Austin

Austin
Honestly the Zelda franchise has such strong core elements that a 3D remake of a 2D game wouldn't present any significant gameplay opportunities, it would just be going through the motions. The only thing I can imagine being worthwhile would be an AoL remake where the game's unique combat system is further expanded on in 3D, but the *****ing towards such an idea would be legendary.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
A Link to the Past, without a doubt (with Ancient Stone Tablets as an unlockable bonus). Link's Awakening and Oracle games are also a good idea. I'm against The Minish Cap, because controlling additional copies of Link might be difficult.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Oracle series would be perfect for a 3D remake; the game gets no recognition from the Zelda fanbase, and people even forget that it exists! I love both Ages and Seasons, with their puzzle and action focus respectively, and to see that translated to three dimensions? Yes! That would be fantastic!

After the Oracle series, I'd say ALttP + BS ALttP would be great, as JamesBond007 noted.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
A Link to the Past would be my choice of a 3D remake. I absolutely love this game and I would love to see this in a 3D remake. Other games that would also be awesome in a remake is Minish Cap and Link's Awakening. These games had defintitely an adventure that any 2D zelda game can throw at you. The boss are somewhat hard, the graphics are very good, and everything else. A Link to the Past could have probably been a best 3D remake.

S

SeaBiscuit

I'd like to see A Link to the Past most. Not only is it one of the few Zelda games I've managed to gather up enough courage to beat, it has a large enough overworld to keep me playing long even after I had beaten it. The world could be even more expansive when remade in 3D. Sadly, it did not have that last "final challenge" that I had hoped for in the end.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I dont see why anyone would be against an ALttP remake. i hate the fact that anyone would expect a remake to be exactly the same. all that needs to be matched is the core story elements, and overworld likeness.

What if we didnt call it a "remake" and called it a "Re-Boot". tech has changed so much that devs can go back and do a game Exactly how they wish they could have back then. im all about it, i dont see why ppl get so attached to a game that they cant stand the fact of a remake. if you dont like the idea, dont play it. but just dont complain about it when the rest of us play it and say its amazeing, or "i told you so" when we are dissapointed.

I dont know, i have always liked remakes, the only thing about remakes that could make or break a game is its controls. if the control inputs dont make the transition well it can ruin an expierence. that being said, i am all about ALttP remake, and dont care how much they "add" to it as long as there are no real drastic "changes" that make it not even seem like its ment to be ALttP. I say go for it

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
A Link to the Past because some of the dungeons would look cool in a 3D environment. I also would love to explore a 3D Lost Woods with all those bandits hiding everywhere :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom