• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Were Our Original Links on 'Roids?

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Ok, heres is something I quite hate in this game. I hate hate hate how in this game You would roll 3 or 4 times in a row and then Link would get dizzy. WTF? That's total BS does that mean that our original Links(OoT, MM, WW, TP) were on steroids? I mean, they could roll all troughout the Fields without getting tired! or is it that St Link is a little pansy that has to ride all troughout the fields and gets dizzy after rolling 3 times. I'm pretty sure they did that to stop us from tapping the screen a million times. But really?

I specially hated how in the Tower of Spirits you could't roll without getting dizzy so you have to walk/run and then roll a few times.:dry:

Last edited:
Ok, heres is somethong I quite hate in this game. I hata hate hate how in this game You would roll 3 or 4 times in a row and then Link would get dizzy. WTF? That's total BS does that mean that our original Links(OoT, MM, WW, TP) were on steroids? I mean, they could roll all troughout the Fields without getting tired! or is it that St Link is a little pansy that has to ride all troughout the fields and gets tired after rolling 3 times. I'm pretty sure they did that tostop us from tapping th screen a million times. But really?

I specially hated how in the Tower of Spirits you could't roll without getting dizzy so you have to walk/run and then roll a few times.:dry:
Well, PH and ST came out after OoT, MM, WW, and TP. For all we know, getting dizzy after 4 rolls could be in ZW. It could also be trying to take a realistic approach, because if you were to roll three or four times in a row, you'll probably get dizzy, too.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
I don't think we need that in Zelda Wii. And no rolling three times will not get anyone tired/dizzy, trust me I've been on a Wrestling team and we did that everyday(roll across the room) and I never felt dizzy.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
My theory is that they're weaker because they lack the Triforce of Courage.

PH Link is the same as WW Link, so all that changes is that he leaves the former Hyrule area when he goes on the quest to save Tetra, thus losing the Triforce of Courage. And in ST, the new Link is never shown to have the Triforce of Courage (AFAIK), which means he might never have received it.

That still makes it hard to explain why he can roll in WW before he puts the ToC back together, but aside from that inconsistency, it makes sense.

The alternative theory is that he's weaker because the ancient Hylian bloodline of the Hero is more diluted now, which would also explain why he can't use magic or telepathy anymore.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Well I know what you mean. I was so used to how Link rolled in MC and he NEVER got dizzy. I kept getting dizzy in ST after this but I got the hang of it again. But Athenian200 could be right. In ST and PH, he didn't have the Triforce of Courage but a counter example would be MC because there's no Triforce but he never gets dizzy. In my opinion, maybe it's just the 'limits of the DS' kind of thing OR Nintendo wanted to give a little more of a challenge.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I'd say that it's probably because ST Link was less athletic and in PH, Link had quite a bit of a break from rolling. It might just be that the older Links were just more athletic and were doing it all the time and were accustomed to it.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Nintendo most likely caught on to people using rolls to get places faster, and decided to troll us by making that impossible.

I don't think we need that in Zelda Wii. And no rolling three times will not get anyone tired/dizzy, trust me I've been on a Wrestling team and we did that everyday(roll across the room) and I never felt dizzy.
You really can't use a wrestling excuse, I'm on my school's wrestling team. I've seen people on my wrestling team that will still get dizzy after 3 or 4 rolls. I've never felt dizzy after either, but everyone's different.

And I do agree with you, it shouldn't happen in Zelda Wii. Reading further, I think what ThatOneGriffin might have a point. It is Toon Link...

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Well the only thing that would get me dizzy that involved rolling was ehenever they made us roll, then roll backwards, then get up and run backwards, then run. That would make anyone feel a little dissoriented.

And, NO it better not be on Zelda 2010.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom