• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Weird Deku Tree Realization

Malon

DBA DBA DBABA F#FF# DB EF#E *If you know, you know
I just realized something. There's always a large gap between Zelda games, something could easily have happened between Wind Waker and Breath of the Wild regarding the Great Deku Tree. The one in Wind Waker is the only one that looks completely different. Breath of the Wild takes the look of the one in Ocarina of Time. It's not unreasonable that either the one in Wind Waker is a young adult, and as the tree grew it changed shape. Just like a human does with old age. Something else could have happened that we don't know, and it could be a different tree entirely. Trees in real life can live hundreds of years without dying off.
Oh yeah!

Prince Sidon

Sage of Water
ZD Champion
well about the time line part this is what I believe
The_Legend_of_Zelda_series_timeline.png

does no one agree with me?

So in ToTK and BoTW, the Deku Tree exists. In Wind Waker, the Deku Tree exists. In OoT, you get the idea. But it's a tree. how the crap does it move like that? In OoT, it dies then re-sprouts, so does it like, die every time it needs to move and then re-sprouts? Could it place ToTK and BoTW on the adult timeline, since Wind Waker has Koroks AND a Deku Tree? Anyone have any ideas as to how the crap this happens?
It is said that Koroks take the sprouts of the Deku tree around the world in the Wind Waker, couldnt they do that elsewhere?

I just realized something. There's always a large gap between Zelda games, something could easily have happened between Wind Waker and Breath of the Wild regarding the Great Deku Tree. The one in Wind Waker is the only one that looks completely different. Breath of the Wild takes the look of the one in Ocarina of Time. It's not unreasonable that either the one in Wind Waker is a young adult, and as the tree grew it changed shape. Just like a human does with old age. Something else could have happened that we don't know, and it could be a different tree entirely. Trees in real life can live hundreds of years without dying off.
They confirmed that the Wind Waker Deku Tree is the sprout from OoT.

what does the WW Deku Tree say in ancient Hylian?
Deku Tree: That garb you wear...Could you be the legendary hero? Has the king at long last found the Hero of Time?

*Link looks shocked*

Deku Tree: What is the matter? Do you not understand the ancient Hylian tongue? So...you are not the Hero of Time.

*Link gets lifted up*

Deku Tree: I must apologize. I was in error. I saw your clothing, and suddenly I felt a longing for an age gone by...That longing caused the ancient tongue to pass my lips. I am the guardian spirit of this Forest Haven--the Deku Tree. I owe you my thanks for your aid in ridding me of those foul creatures...Tell me...Was it not the King of Red Lions--the boat who speaks--who led you to this place? So it is true...Then you have come here because you have need of the pearl of the goddess? I see...I knew there was a reason the monsters had begun to congregate in the regions around my wood. Now I understand it. He has returned...Ganon has returned...In that case, we must make haste.
IMG5030-d1c5bf8.png
The ancient map of Hyrule shows that the Lost Woods location has remained almost entirely unchanged, though there is no Mekar Island. Not sure if this helps clear up the Ash Swamp thing.

Daku Rinku

❤️❤️In Love with my GF❤️❤️
ZD Champion
Deku Tree: That garb you wear...Could you be the legendary hero? Has the king at long last found the Hero of Time?

*Link looks shocked*

Deku Tree: What is the matter? Do you not understand the ancient Hylian tongue? So...you are not the Hero of Time.

*Link gets lifted up*

Deku Tree: I must apologize. I was in error. I saw your clothing, and suddenly I felt a longing for an age gone by...That longing caused the ancient tongue to pass my lips. I am the guardian spirit of this Forest Haven--the Deku Tree. I owe you my thanks for your aid in ridding me of those foul creatures...Tell me...Was it not the King of Red Lions--the boat who speaks--who led you to this place? So it is true...Then you have come here because you have need of the pearl of the goddess? I see...I knew there was a reason the monsters had begun to congregate in the regions around my wood. Now I understand it. He has returned...Ganon has returned...In that case, we must make haste.
View attachment 75256
The ancient map of Hyrule shows that the Lost Woods location has remained almost entirely unchanged, though there is no Mekar Island. Not sure if this helps clear up the Ash Swamp thing.
Ooof this hits me in the feels.. my words as OoT person:

I felt a longing for an age gone by...That longing caused the ancient tongue to pass my lips.” (Deku Tree),

Malon

DBA DBA DBABA F#FF# DB EF#E *If you know, you know
Ooof this hits me in the feels.. my words as OoT person:

I felt a longing for an age gone by...That longing caused the ancient tongue to pass my lips.” (Deku Tree),
Sigh.... I've felt a longing for an age gone by... the age where I was still three. I could be as much of a ***** as I wanted with little to no consequence. It's been so long...the Hero of Threenagers...

Sigh.... I've felt a longing for an age gone by... the age where I was still three. I could be as much of a ***** as I wanted with little to no consequence. It's been so long...the Hero of Threenagers...
lol
ik what you mean
14 long years....
I felt a longing for an age gone by...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom