• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Volvagia?

Is This Dragon Volvagia?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Probably

• Doubt it

• I don't know

• Total voters

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
15 years after the original game comes out "he" gets turned into an "it" It was still a he to begin with. It's not ambiguous... It was said originally in version 1 of the OoT and in subsequent versions aside from the 3D release. I know you always have said "she" but the GAME said "he" and he is he. If they wanted it to really be ambiguous then they would have called him it from the start and not just changed it in the 3D release for fan service and theory/argument reasons, which we know that they at Nintendo love to death.

"He" can be used for something without gender. Like God or Allah. That's what I'm talking about by ambiguous. Now, how does that play in with Volvagia? Was Goron Link there when Volvagia was killed? No. And I doubt the time was taken to notice that Vovlagia was a male when he/she was attacking the Gorons and eating them. Same after he/she was defeated. Since that's the case, "he" would be fitting there, even if Volvagia was truly a female.

As for the 3DS thing. You do realize that the 3DS version is just as usable in text as the N64 version, right? The 3DS version actually corrected a few things. "Saria will always be...your friend" to "I will always be...your friend." "I'll come back to haunt you!" to "We'll come back to haunt you!" See what I'm saying? "He" could have been just as slightly inaccurate as those two were.

"He" can be used for something without gender. Like God or Allah. That's what I'm talking about by ambiguous. Now, how does that play in with Volvagia? Was Goron Link there when Volvagia was killed? No. And I doubt the time was taken to notice that Vovlagia was a male when he/she was attacking the Gorons and eating them. Same after he/she was defeated. Since that's the case, "he" would be fitting there, even if Volvagia was truly a female.

As for the 3DS thing. You do realize that the 3DS version is just as usable in text as the N64 version, right? The 3DS version actually corrected a few things. "Saria will always be...your friend" to "I will always be...your friend." "I'll come back to haunt you!" to "We'll come back to haunt you!" See what I'm saying? "He" could have been just as slightly inaccurate as those two were.

I was actually going to ask about how it was ambiguous. lol. Even with that being the case it's still just thought and speculation as to if the game means female while the game says he. So far, we have "he" and "it." Even given ambiguity that is one point for neutrality and one point for being a male which given what we have so far it leans more to male. That's what's given to us at the moment. I don't like to take could mean this or that for much. Given, the timeline has to be some speculation when placing, but this is actually said and is what I gather. I ask you forgive me for my ignorance and I also ask you to understand my way of thinking as well.

Ganon0075

Ganon, King of Douchness.
It could be Volvagia.
I believe that it is Volvagia.
Now whether or not we fight it is up for discussion.
I believe that we will revisit the Fire Santuary and fight Volvagia alongside the Goron hero.
But that's just my beliefs.

The volcano summit would make more sense. As for how it would go with the goron... Take notice that we don't have a hammer but a hammer, from what we understand, is needed in order to harm and kill Volvagia. I think we'll have a play in weakening or distracting volvagia somehow, if we do end up fighting him, and give the goron enough time to prepare and to slam a hammer down on Volvagia's head. Link, by himself, would not have the capabilities of killing the dragon but with the goron to mash things up, no pun intended, I think it'll make it a liable and usable story element.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
The volcano summit would make more sense. As for how it would go with the goron... Take notice that we don't have a hammer but a hammer, from what we understand, is needed in order to harm and kill Volvagia. I think we'll have a play in weakening or distracting volvagia somehow, if we do end up fighting him, and give the goron enough time to prepare and to slam a hammer down on Volvagia's head. Link, by himself, would not have the capabilities of killing the dragon but with the goron to mash things up, no pun intended, I think it'll make it a liable and usable story element.

Yeah, the fact that we don't have the Megaton Hammer is one of the things leading me to think Gorko will be the Hero of the Gorons and kill Volvagia in a cutscene.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yeah, the fact that we don't have the Megaton Hammer is one of the things leading me to think Gorko will be the Hero of the Gorons and kill Volvagia in a cutscene.

I can't remember which thread I put this, but I think Gorko not being a fighter and you having to save him from Bokoblins in the woods will mean that the situation will be like Colin from TP, who even though he is not physically strong actually gains courage and saves the girl in Kakariko.

Remind me which Goron is Gorko. The one in the Faron Woods and later fire Sanctuary, right? Also what is the name of that other archeologist Goron?

Gorko is the one with the notepad and the missing tooth from Faron woods and Fire sanctuary. The other is not named yet.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Remind me which Goron is Gorko. The one in the Faron Woods and later fire Sanctuary, right? Also what is the name of that other archeologist Goron?

Yes, Gorko is the traveling Goron.

normalgoron.jpg

And we don't know who the other Goron is.

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
There's something to be noted here. There's a possibility that Skyward Sword Link is the one who kills Volvagia, because of the large time difference between SS and OoT. You know how word-of-mouth stories become distorted each time it gets passed down (like the telephone game). I am guessing that possibly, Link becomes the "Hero of the Gorons" for saving them, but over time, that title somehow became the "Goron Hero" and it became assumed that the hero was a Goron (which could also explain why it was believed that the Goron leader family was the bloodline of the "Goron Hero"). Another guess would be that it was a misconception that the guy who killed Volvagia was a Goron. Maybe the Goron went to fight Volvagia, fails, and Link saves him, and the Goron exited the Volcano and proclaimed by other Gorons as being the hero who killed Volvagia. There are problems with these two guesses, though - what about the Megaton Hammer? We haven't heard about it being in SS, but we also haven't heard that it won't be in the game, so it's not completely debunked. One final guess - Link fights Volvagia, but doesn't completely kill it. It gets killed by the Goron hero during the time between SS and OoT.
All these depend, though, if that is Volvagia.

Pen

The game is on!
Maybe, I don't know.

At first I thought it was someone similar to Faron (but fire based instead of water based). But now that you mention it, what we can see in this picture looks rather similar to Volvagia. Also, we have after all seen Volvagia on a door before, so it's not unlikely.

Nevertheless, I really hope it is Volvagia, that'd be very awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom