• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Visual Novels, Ye or Ne?

Visual Novels?

• Ye

• Ne

• What's a Visual Novel?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
They're okay, but I generally don't have the patience for them. Having to play through multiple routes with overlapping scenes can get a bit tedious, sometimes.

I really don't enjoy H-content, so that's also pretty inconvenient a lot of the time.

I don't like the medium that much, but there are certainly some good executions that I've seen, so I can't really say I dislike them.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Only ever played one which was Doki Doki Literature Club. It is amazing. So based on that experience I like visual novels. Would like to experience more.

You know what would be really good is if I could play in my VR headset!

D

Deleted member 14134

I enjoy Steins Gate and the Danganronpa series. The only other one I've played it Doki Doki. It was alright but massively overrated. The 30 minutes of mind****s were not worth the two hours of cutesy dating sim bull**** that came before it.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It's like playing a book. No thanks. If I want to experience one so badly, I'll just watch a playthrough on YouTube or something. Games in visual novel format kind of bug me, too. If there's fun gameplay along with it then I'll probably be able to stomach it, but scrolling through pages of dialogue through a menu environment with no real control over what I'm doing and absolutely no way to explore anything is not my idea of a fun time. Even if you can actually walk around, it's usually just walking around and inspecting things, like what I've seen of Oxenfree. That's a good way to keep me from playing your game.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
It's like playing a book.
Hence the name: visual novel. If you were expecting anything else I don't know what to say.
That's a good way to keep me from playing your game.
Don't blame the creator of a visual novel for you not realizing what "visual novel" meant. If you don't like visual novels, fine, but don't act like the creators intended to trick you with them. You clearly aren't their audience.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Hence the name: visual novel. If you were expecting anything else I don't know what to say.

Don't blame the creator of a visual novel for you not realizing what "visual novel" meant. If you don't like visual novels, fine, but don't act like the creators intended to trick you with them. You clearly aren't their audience.
What do you mean "intended to trick me" lmfao, why are you taking this like that? You're right, I'm not their target audience, and I was explaining why I'm not. Chill out, dude.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
What do you mean "intended to trick me" lmfao, why are you taking this like that? You're right, I'm not their target audience, and I was explaining why I'm not. Chill out, dude.
That's a good way to keep me from playing your game.
Sorry if I misunderstood, but this sentence is structured wrong if you weren't blaming the creators. "keep me from playing your game" is the important thing here. The sentence is insinuating that it is the creators' fault that you can't play the game, and not your own disinterest in the genre. Sorry again for the apparent misunderstanding, but you should be careful how you communicate things. There are other issues I have with your post that lead me to believe even deeper that you have something against creators of visual novels, like how you insinuate that you wouldn't support the creators even if you liked one (honestly this itself isn't necessarily that bad of a thing, but along with your other statements it becomes a little more troublesome).
If I want to experience one so badly, I'll just watch a playthrough on YouTube or something.
You just come across as more anti-creator than anti-genre in this post. Maybe this is just a misunderstanding, but I just want you to know why this misunderstanding happened.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Sorry if I misunderstood, but this sentence is structured wrong if you weren't blaming the creators. "keep me from playing your game" is the important thing here. The sentence is insinuating that it is the creators' fault that you can't play the game, and not your own disinterest in the genre. Sorry again for the apparent misunderstanding, but you should be careful how you communicate things. There are other issues I have with your post that lead me to believe even deeper that you have something against creators of visual novels, like how you insinuate that you wouldn't support the creators even if you liked one (honestly this itself isn't necessarily that bad of a thing, but along with your other statements it becomes a little more troublesome).

You just come across as more anti-creator than anti-genre in this post. Maybe this is just a misunderstanding, but I just want you to know why this misunderstanding happened.
Maybe I could have worded it better. The point I was trying to get across was why I don't like the genre. "keep me from playing your game" just means that I don't want to play a game like that. That's really all there was to it.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Storma took my yea or nae thing but eh whatever.

I don’t really do visual novels. Mostly because, “JUST READ ABOOK YOU DONT NEED A SCREEN FOR EVERYTHING YOU SPOILED MILLENIAL!!!” -My unfiltered grandpa to a cousin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom