• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 589!

A live action Zelda-movie has been announced being in the works! Your thoughts?

• AMAZING! Fantastic news!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Great if they can get it right!

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • I'm not sure yet

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • It should have been animated

• Sounds good, doesn't work

• Terrible idea! It'll suck!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Which is the creepiest Graveyard from a Zelda-game? (Part 2)

Third Place: None (0.0%)
Second Place: Draw between "Graveyard (AoL)", "Koholint Island Graveyard (LA)" & "The Swamp Graveyard (FSA)" (12.5% each)
First Place: Ikana Graveyard (MM) (62.5%)

Not overly much interest in last weeks poll, but the creep-master of Majora's Mask won this one!

This week's question: A live action Zelda-movie has been announced being in the works! Your thoughts?

AMAZING! Fantastic news!
Great if they can get it right!
I'm not sure yet
It should have been animated
Sounds good, doesn't work
Terrible idea! It'll suck!

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I'm pretty excited, I'm holding out judgement until I actually see it. It's to early for me to formulate any opinions on whether or not it'll be good so I choose to be happy they're making it. If they do get it right I'll like it, and if they don't I'll watch it anyway.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
If they have good pacing (not too fast) in the movie I'd be thrilled! But they are obviously gonna put a lot of time into it to make it right, so I hope it'll turn out well.
They've been burned before when it comes to movies, which is why Nintendo are much more hands on now to make sure it turns out right!

However, I don't understand why there is such a huge amount of people that wanted it to be animated... If they made a Wind Waker movie, sure XD

Mario movie was one thing, a little cringe but not an IP that really needs a super serious tone or premise. Zelda on the other hand I feel deserves more nuance, especially with how wildly particular titles in the series have been. Who gets to decide what kind of style is definitive? Live action would definitely not have been my first choice, but then I’m not really sure what else would work aside from having Studio Ghibli work on something for it. I’m especially fearful for what kind of Hollywood stars they’ll shove in it without a thought for how they actually fit the characters, given how bad the English dubs have been for both BotW and TotK.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
This fence I'm sitting on is really starting to damage my posture. Honestly, I've seen enough beauty in the real world that I think a live-action Zelda movie with little in the way of cg that really chews the scenery and relies heavily on its score could absolutely work. Unfortunately, I'm expecting a CG fest that tries to do too much, slaps you pink with fan service and gives link a bunch of "Well excuuuuuuse me, Princess!" moments. I would say it ought to be animated but there's no such thing as animation anymore, only computer generated wannabes. I think the best option here, and I'm only kind of joking, is machinima.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom