• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 440!

Have you ever considered not to buy a Zelda-game?

• Yes, many of them

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Yes, a few

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Yes, one

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No, I've always wanted all of them

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Can't remember

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Which Ganon battle is your favorite?

Third Place: Draw between "Puppet Ganon Battle in WW" and "Calamity Ganon Battle in BotW " (11.1% each)
Second Place: Ganon Battle in ALttP (33.3%)
First Place: Ganon Battle in OoT (44.4%)

The dual-wielding Ganon from OoT takes the win! Closely followed by the battle from ALttP! Quite few votes overall on last week's poll, but even the Ganon battles from WW and BotW got voted for.

RETRO POLL! In the 65th poll from August 2013 the question being asked was if you've ever considered not buying a new Zelda-game. Many answered on this thread back in the day, with 7 "No", 7 "Yes" and 1 "Can't Remember". A very close and even poll! Now to see if things have changed (If you answered back then, obviously not, but the end results may vary). I'm also adding a few nuances to the answers!

This week's question: Have you ever considered not to buy a Zelda-game?

Yes, many of them
Yes, a few
Yes, one
No, I've always wanted all of them
Can't remember

I usually decide to skip a Zelda game, or at least wait until later to try it, for varying reasons. Most of the time it's either because I don't own the necessary console or I'm short on cash.

Last edited:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
That depends on what you define as a Zelda game. Are we talking only main series titles or also including spin-off titles?

In terms of the main series titles I always pick them up even if I probably won't finish them for quite a long time. For a title like AoC I am not too fussed. I might get it eventually but for now I don't really find myself drawn to it.

I think about not getting Zelda games from time to time, but usually I get them anyway because reasons.

I almost skipped over TFH but ended up getting it anyway. I had fun with it, and liked it for what it was, to be honest. It's not the worst Zelda experience I've had. Having a good group is pretty important to enjoying it though.

I also planned on not getting TPHD because it was announced shortly after I had just revisited TP and I was kind of burnt out, but my dad brought it home for me as a surprise so I accepted it. Didn't play it much, though.

The only game I planned to skip over and actually did skip over was the Hyrule Warriors Deluxe Edition on Switch. I have it on Wii U and 3DS; I didn't think getting it again just so I could cosplay in the Champions tunic was a good enough reason to get it again and potentially suffer through the worst adventure maps again.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
If they were mainline games I usually wanted them, and since you clarified that you mean mainline games, I picked No.

The spin-off games I usually pass on, though I did eventually buy the original Hyrule Warriors. It'll probably be awhile before I buy Age of Calamity, and that's even if I buy it at all. I originally planned to buy it, but after playing the demo, I decided against it. I also never got around to buying Cadence of Hyrule. I never bought Link's Crossbow Training; but because I didn't know it existed back in the Wii era, it's hard to say whether I would have got it or not back then.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Mainline Zelda games I always want, though I haven't purchased all of them due to unwillingness to purchase the whole systems. Especially the handheld games I had no interest in purchasing the consoles.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Well, since I can't really change my answer: Yes. When I was younger, I had a very limited amount of money. This meant I had the choice of pre-ordering Wind Waker, or buy another game right then. I didn't want to wait, so I went for the other game instead. One of my friends got WW, so I played it a bit at his house, but I didn't get it myself until much later.
So it's not that I didn't want it, I was just too impatient to wait for it XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom