• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 347!

Would you like to see more of Link's family in future games?

• Yes, parents!

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Yes, more uncles and aunts!

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Yes, more siblings!

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Yes, more grandparents!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, cousins!

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Yes, children!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, combination of above alternatives!

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No, he should be alone!

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: What is your favorite Water-themed music from the series? (Part 2)

Third Place: Draw between "Lake Floria/Faron's Shrine (SS)" and "Water Stages (TFH)" (7.1% each)
Second Place: Fishing Hole (TP) (21.4%)
First Place: Zora's Domain (BotW) (64.3%)

This week's question: It's not often that we see actual relatives of Link in the games (only Uncle, Grandma, Sister and Grandfather so far). Would you like to see more of Link's family in future games?

Yes, parents!
Yes, more uncles and aunts!
Yes, more siblings!
Yes, more grandparents!
Yes, cousins!
Yes, children!
Yes, combination of above alternatives!
Maybe
No, he should be alone!

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
I want Link to have a family so extended it almost has its own village.

And for all of the men to be named Link, as per suddenly-established family tradition.

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
You realize how weird that would be, right?:suspicious:

Well, yes. But I also think it would be a comical nod to the reason why there's always a Zelda (royal family names all girls Zelda by tradition).

Maybe. I doubt Nintendo would do anything interesting if he had one.

His unlce in ALttP was a little interesting in that you could save him, and Link's Grandma in WW getting sick was sad but it felt like a retread and Aryll just filled in for Zelda's kidnapping before Zelda was actualy kidnapped.

So maybe, but they'd have to be worth the inclusion.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well, yes. But I also think it would be a comical nod to the reason why there's always a Zelda (royal family names all girls Zelda by tradition).
Well by that reasoning you can say all heroes are all named Link by tradition. We don't know if ALL girls in the royal family are named Zelda. Only the ones that Link comes across. A whole town filled with boys all called Link would be very very odd though and confusing too ;)

Yep I like to see more of Link's family. It's cool to see him with a baby brother going on an adventure

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
nope, the most we ever saw was links uncle and he died pretty early on in ALTTP. Strictly speaking we all heard of his mother and her death in OOT but link shouldn't have familial ties available in game. It's not really a legend then

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I'm unsure, having family is fine, but if characters are added haphazardly, it can be detrimental to the game.

Well by that reasoning you can say all heroes are all named Link by tradition. We don't know if ALL girls in the royal family are named Zelda. Only the ones that Link comes across. A whole town filled with boys all called Link would be very very odd though and confusing too ;)

It's established in AoL and a couple other games that all girls born into the royal family are named Zelda by tradition. The only game I can think of to go against this was TWW, and that one was because they didn't know they were the royal family.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It's established in AoL and a couple other games that all girls born into the royal family are named Zelda by tradition. The only game I can think of to go against this was TWW, and that one was because they didn't know they were the royal family.
Yep but we don't know about sisters. I don't think if the royals have 3 girls they name them all Zelda. We don't know if any of the zelda's possibly has siblings. That's why I never take anything in Zelda too serious because we know how often this can change.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yeah I think him having a family could be a good thing. This is of course under the presumption that they would put effort into the storytelling again unlike what happened in BoTW.

It might be good to have a child prologue of a game where the young links parents are killed and then perhaps you could cut forward and have a teenaged link living with and aunt or uncle or with a grandparent.

I just think giving Link people to care about right away if done correctly helps with investment into the story. It could always be with a friend or love interest but family is also a good one which hasn't been done for a while in the 3D series.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Why can't there be a legend about a person with a family? Is it less legendary to have one?

In a way yes, because then it no longer becomes about a Hero seeking to save the land from evil but more a man defending his family, it makes it too personal and Link has always been more of a link to the player and not his own individual.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri

Yep I like to see more of Link's family. It's cool to see him with a baby brother going on an adventure
After the Tragedy of Princess Zelda, (that is, when her brother made a deal with evil dude and Sleeping Beauty'd Zelda)in AoL, all females in royal family would be traditionally named Zelda. Of course, that game comes fairly late in the Zelda timeline and we can't speak for the earlier games in the timeline.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
After the Tragedy of Princess Zelda, (that is, when her brother made a deal with evil dude and Sleeping Beauty'd Zelda)in AoL, all females in royal family would be traditionally named Zelda. Of course, that game comes fairly late in the Zelda timeline and we can't speak for the earlier games in the timeline.
You don't hear me say it isn't true. I state that it can all change like Nintendo always do ;) Plus they have different timelines which makes it even more confusing. It's just a cheap way to keep the name Legend of Zelda instead of the Legend of Milly or the Legend of Jane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom