• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 332!

Do you wish they'd have had fishing brought back for BotW?

• Yes! In any way!

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Yes! Casting Rod like OoT, TP, PH and MM3D!

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Yes! Fishing Rod like LA and TP!

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Yes! With a net!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes! With a spear!

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • No, catching by hand is good

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Don't know

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: What's your favorite Mini-game from Phantom Hourglass?

Third Place: Draw between "Maze Island Game" and "Battle Mode" (11.1% each)
Second Place: The Goron Game (33.3%)
First Place: The Cannon Game (44.4%)

This week's question: Do you wish they'd have had fishing brought back for BotW?

Yes! In any way!
Yes! Casting Rod like OoT, TP, PH and MM3D!
Yes! Fishing Rod like LA and TP!
Yes! With a net!
Yes! With a spear!
No, catching by hand is good
Don't know

Mido

Version 1
I do not recall doing much fishing in BOTW, but I have always enjoyed the feature in the other games, especially in OOT and TP. I've gone on record stating especially how much I enjoyed the fishing area of the latter game not just for the gameplay, but the wonderfully serene atmosphere as well. Such activities I find lend a ton of character to the world, and if fishing were to get a greater sense of presence akin to some of BOTW's predecessors, I would enjoy it.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Having a fishing rod item would have been nice. And have it break the moment I really need it not to break

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
It would have been great to be able to fish. Catching fish wasn't that enjoyable, it was just jump on top and grab it before it runs away. Or you could bomb the fish and grab their corpses, which is a little funny. Regardless, being able to fish them could add some fun details to the world and would bring it more to life.

TP's fishing area was great, and honestly felt like a place in world to go relax. I can't say I made much use of the fishing area, but I thought it was an interesting inclusion in the game. Something like that in BotW would have been great.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I'd like to have had a normal fishing rod. There's just something so relaxing about not haveing to do it actively, just let it sit there and watch the bobber.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom