• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 314!

If there was a new ZeldaGame featuring a Link we've already seen, which one would you want it to be?

• SS - Link

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • MC - Link

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • FS - Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OOT/MM - Link

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • None, only new Links

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Id like to see a continuation of OOT's storyline. perhaps adult Timeline, just before wind waker. id like to play through a game where Link is an adult, the previous hero of Time , now a knight or guardian of Zelda. then he is faced with some new evil, maybe the start of the battle that causes the Great Flood
But that Link doesn't exist. he was sent back in time at the end of OOT, so there is no Hero of Time in the Adult Timeline. That's the whole reason that Hyrule was flooded, because there was no hero there to save them from Ganon

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
But that Link doesn't exist. he was sent back in time at the end of OOT, so there is no Hero of Time in the Adult Timeline. That's the whole reason that Hyrule was flooded, because there was no hero there to save them from Ganon

I may be wrong but in the Encyclopedia (which may or may not be canon depending on user's preference, I like to think it is canon) it explains that in the Adult Timeline, the Hero of Time is not sent back to his childhood and remains an adult. at some point however, he vanishes and leaves Hyrule alone. the next time troubles come, the Hero of Time does not return. I'd like to see a game that shows us what he was doing and why he didn't return when Hyrule needed him. however, if you don't think that the Encyclopedia is canon, it probably wouldn't make any sense.

Pen

The game is on!
I'm fairly certain that OoT Link does not exist anymore in the Adult Timeline after the end of OoT since he is definitely sent back in time by Zelda at the end. I'd rather trust the words of the actual games and Hyrule Historia than the Encyclopaedia which I know is wrong for sure on certain parts.

Anyway, if we ever want a game depicting the Great Flood, then the protagonist cannot be any version of Link, nor any other hero character, seeing as we learn in WW that the reason why the Golden Goddesses decided to flood Hyrule in the first place was because no hero arrived when the kingdom needed someone to save Hyrule. I've wanted a game about the Great Flood for a long time, but it would inevitably have to be at least somewhat of a tragedy, with a protagonist who fails quite miserably. That's my take on it anyway.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
so what is the Adult timeline then because I always thought that the Adult timeline was if Zelda did not send link back in time. otherwise, why would they have an adult and child timeline? they would just be one timeline instead of two wouldn't they?? unless you are talking about what happens it the time that Zelda still exsists in after she sends link home? but even then, Zelda seems to recognize Link when he goes to her at the end of OOT so she would be the same Zelda that sent him back so did she just rewind time or something? idk. its all kind of confusing haha! :wynaut:

Pen

The game is on!
ok so that would be why he doesn't come to their aid, because now Link just doesn't exist in the adult timeline

Well yeah. Or the OoT Link at least.

Anyway, we have no way of knowing just how much time passed between the events of OoT and the Great Flood. Could be a decade, or it could be centuries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom