• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 142!

There sure is a lot of DLC for Hyrule Warriors! Are you getting it?

• I already have it all

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I'm planning to get it all

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I already have some of it

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I'm planning to get some of it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope, no DLC for me

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I don't own the game

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's winners:
Last week's Question: In the upcomming Zelda-games, would you like to see new villain(s), or the return of older one(s)?

Third Place: Doesn't matter to me (15.8%)
Second Place: Draw between "New Villain(s)" and "Old Villain(s), but not Ganondorf/Ganon" (21.1% each)
First Place: Old Villain(s) (42.1%)

This week's question: There sure is a lot of DLC for Hyrule Warriors! Are you getting it?

I already have it all
I'm planning to get it all
I already have some of it
I'm planning to get some of it
Nope, no DLC for me
I don't own the game
I don't know

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
I don't like the game itself. It's just mindless hack and slash, there's little depth, no story, ugly-ish graphics, no online multiplayer, not much competitiveness, and the offline multiplayer is as fun as watching paint dry.

I don't like the game itself. It's just mindless hack and slash, there's little depth, no story, ugly-ish graphics, no online multiplayer, not much competitiveness, and the offline multiplayer is as fun as watching paint dry.

Kind of a trivial thing to say, tbh. I thought the game had really beautiful graphics. Hell, they can't be as bad as Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric's awful Ps2 graphics. Now those were some pretty hideous graphics to come out of an HD console.

OT: I own all of the DLC because I love the game that much. XD Besides, I wouldn't get all of it if Young Link wasn't a part of the Majora's Mask DLC pack. :P

Offline multiplayer... Not fun? That's how I played the game, and I think strategizing with my partner increased my enjoyment tenfold.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
I wasn't criticizing Hyrule Warriors from a technical perspective, although they are more akin to a 2009 PS3 game than most full-priced 2014 games. I'm against the graphics because they plain aren't artful. It's like the barren greens and browns of Twilight Princess but with even less personality. This game all around seems like it would've been a great game for the Wii in 2007, but I don't consider it an 8th gen game in any stretch of the imagination.

HW doesn't need to be perfect in everything but it needed to set itself apart at something. Either be a technically impressive game or an artistically beautiful one. Either have deep gameplay mechanics or have a strong story/narrative. Either have online multiplayer or make the offline multiplayer deep and rewarding.

The problem is that it doesn't excel in ANY of these 6 categories.

I have all the DLCs myself and I love it. The Twlight and Termina map, while tough at certain parts, gives a good challenge since I can't "mindlessly hack and slash" my way to A rank. And then it's always fun to have a variety of costumes. Of course, I stick to the default costumes but it's pretty cool to have that option of fighting with a different costume. I've only played a bit of the Boss Rush DLC challenges due to school but fighting as Ganon is so badass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom