• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Vegetarians

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
If you are a vegetarian, why? Have you been so your whole life? Did you ever think about quitting?

If not, did you consider it? What do you think about other vegetarians? Do you think their efforts are useless?

Last edited:

octorok74

TETTAC
I am not a vegetarian and I never really considered it at all. I don't really think badly about vegetarians. I kind of like them since then I get to eat more good food like burgers at parties, cause they won't eat them. As for if I think their efforts are useless, I do kind of. I mean, just eat meat. It isn't bad to eat meat, it tastes really good. Especially bison, bison tastes great. But hey, it's their decision so whatever floats their boat is fine with me.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I've tried going vegetarian before, but ultimately failed. It was hard with so much meat in the house! XD

I don't think I'd ever be able to stop being a meat eater. But it's OK, because I have full respect for people who don't eat meat.

I'm fairly familiar with the vegetarian style as well because my friend's whole family is vegetarian, and I eat with them quite often. Sometimes it's good to have a little less meat in your life!

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I am not vegetarian. I am, however, amazingly neurotic about what I will actually put in my mouth.

Granted the only meat I eat is like pepperoni... also dairy products but that's more on the line of Veganism.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I've never tried to go vegetarian but I think about it all the time. A few months ago, I decided to eat whatever until I moved out. I used to not care about what I put into my body but now that I have a reason to look forward to the future I want to make sure what I'm consuming is good for me. I've also lost my taste for meat, so after I move out I'm going to go vegetarian and maybe even vegan. I don't know, I just want to keep my young years care free and become strict with myself after I go out into the real world.

EDIT:

I forgot to share my opinions on Vegetarians. Honestly, I used to hate them because of my parents. Like every other group my parents hate though, I realized they aren't bad at all.

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
I'm not vegetarian, but I do respect their reasons to do so. In fact, I give my full respect to anyone who is vegetarian simply because it seems hard for me to not eat any meat throughout my life, heck throughout the day for me. D: So if you any of you are a vegetarian, you are truly one of the mighty in this world. That said, this picture is the reason why I don't do so. X3 I'm not trying to insult you vegetarians for doing so but I think this is just so cute to pass up! ^^ *bows with respect*
tumblr_m5o0575ITJ1ryyguqo1_500.png

Last edited:

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
No vegetarians yet? Might as well post :P

I'm a vegetarian. I haven't been so my whole life, though. I have been for the past ~3 years, I think. My father and grandfather love meat like anything. They want to eat it every day. I guess their crazy love for meat was one of the things that drew me away from it. The other part is the treatment of animals in some places. I have nothing against people who eat meat. In fact, I think humans are made to eat meat, and they should. Why did I stop? :wynaut: ? And poor animals :c

My grandmother is the only vegetarian in my house until I joined her. I guess that was also another factor, and made the transition easier. Also, because of our religion, we don't eat meat on Tuesdays, anyways. I don't want to give my mother a hard time, though. So if she makes something which has meat in it, I take out the meat part and eat the rest. My grandmother won't do that. I'm trying to become more strict with myself and stop being lazy and make myself something instead :P

I didn't leave in a snap. I decided that I would avoid meat, but gave in when my parents bought a meat dish I love. Then I tried again, but gave in another time. I think the third time, I kept firm. Now, I don't really want to go back. I lost any taste for meat, and I don't really want to eat it as it doesn't look very appetizing to me anymore, for some reason.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I never have and never will understand vegeterianism. That being said I am a vegetarian.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I'm a lactive vegetarian, meaning I don't eat meat or eggs but consume dairy products. Curse you and your sweet deliciousness, frozen yogurt! I had even flirted with the idea of being a vegan for a little while, but I love honey way too much to even consider giving it up.

I haven't been one all my life — I made the choice on my own seven years ago. I've never really been fond of meat in general, and I have always preferred eating fruits and vegetables. I also stand as the only vegetarian in my family; something I get a lot of flak for. But I don't mind.

Dimooshky

The Mauve Avenger
I could very easily be a veggie. There isn't much meat I eat, and don't particularly love any meat. And then I LOVE haloumi, which is a common meat substitute. :)
Most of what I eat at home is veggie anyway, due to both my Mum and Sister not eating meat. One of my best friends also is. And I have nothing against them, why should I? I respect all the views of vegetarians, and with last year's horse meat scandal, I really don't blame them.

Oh Wait! BACON, I LOVE BACON! :yes:

Clank

Hmm
I personally like meat just because of how delicious it tastes quite frankly...

And on the whole animal cruelty thing, well after you raise animals you start to enjoy eating them all the more, their whole lives they spend pestering you, the only thing that keeps you from hurting them then is the realization that while they may have won the battle, you will win the war.

As for what I think of vegetarians, well quite frankly I don't mind most of the time, but it is seriously a pain to cook separate dishes for one person just because they don't want to eat meat... I mean I get allergies, I mean you can't do much about something killing you if you eat it, but when someone chooses to not eat a certain food, it just frustrates me...(especially if it is something like they won't eat eggs, do you have any idea how hard it is to make a cake without eggs)

But whatever, there's a reason I tend to stay out of the kitchen of anyone of the sort is coming...

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I like my meat. ;)

So no, I've never even considered it. As for what I think about vegetarians, I don't really have any opinion on it to be honest. It's their choice to eat what they want to eat and I don't think it's any different to someone choosing not to eat something they don't like. :P It's just a choice they make, like we all do with food we don't like. So, more power to them!

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Nope though my mom was for a while.

I'm a stereotypical man so yeah I like me some cooked animals. Though I primarily eat meat for nutritional purposes: protein etc. I'm not fond of chugging down protein shakes all the time. For one it's expensive, it's overrated, and eating meat is much more effective and natural.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I used to dislike meat when I was a kid but when I grew older I started to like it. Last Christmas we had chicken and it was delicious. I'm indifferent when it comes to food to be honest. I don't mind people being vegetarian or not. Everybody should do what they think it's best for them. It's not like I eat a lot of meat. But I won't say no to it

Sheik

:the:
The natural food order states that living organisms survive by eating other living things. It's nature; it's how the world works.

That being said, I don't have anything against vegetarians, or vegetarianism itself. If they refuse to eat meat, then whatever. That's their beliefs, and it doesn't affect me in any way.

I'm completely fine with eating meat because, besides for the whole food chain dealio, the animal is already dead; we should make use of their now-empty bodies. However, I would never actually kill the animal myself. Nothing against animal slaughter either, really; I'm just not that type of person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom