• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Valentine's Day 2010 Artwork!

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Hey everybody, just wanted to make this short and sweet. This upcoming Valentine's Day (February 11th, 2010), we will be making an artwork update at the site filled with a bunch of fan submitted artwork. However, this time around the theme is romance!

The requirements are quite simple.

1. Draw an image that is Romance related! Could include Link, Princess Zelda, Malon, Midna, (Anju/Kafei) or any other romantic related Zelda characters that we have seen in the series.

2. Let's keep this pg-13 here, so let's try to avoid any overly revealing images.

That's it! Just create your own artwork, (or post old romantic created artwork that YOU have created). Please include your name, a link to a website/deviantART (if you have one), and your e-mail (if you want it posted).

I look forward to all the submissions that we get. Thanks!

M

MelonPiranha

Well I made this awhile ago (Before Christmas) and I guess maybe a SPOILER.
And I guess it fits the description soooo
Spirit_Tracks___Hold_My_Hand_by_MelonPiranha.png

Not the best but here it is!
Link:http://melonpiranha.deviantart.com/art/Spirit-Tracks-Hold-My-Hand-145638480
Here ya go! :D

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Is this until Valentines day or kind of on going? I personally like more time to make art then a week or two, it's always hard for me to get involved with things like this with out much of a heads up. It takes time to plan and create art :puppy:

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I will be making an update on Valentine's Day with all the artwork that has been submitted, but you can surely send in some more. I'll happily keep the project going through the entire month.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
well im new and i dont know how to make art so umm yeah. but i think link and zelda need to be together soon and the game can continue from there. but i thin k its pretty cute on ST when the hold hands at the end and its kinda sweet the way zelda looks at link.

how do you make art???????????????

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I do art, but I'm not so good at "romantic." I'm not sure I'm feeling it right now - maybe a Link x Midna if I do feel like it.

Just out of curiosity, are same sex couples allowed in this contest? I do not favor them for LoZ, myself, but it would seem only fair - like if someone did Zelda and Midna giving valenties to each other or a Link x (Male) Sheik or something. I know people who'd be in snit if such entries were rejected or not allowed. As I said, I don't personally favor them, I'm a het-person for LoZ, I'm just a bit curious as to what would be allowed for members who might want to do that.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
i made a signature at least (it took me ages)))
ill submit art work if i know how..
seeya
Meego7

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Okay Mases, I'll try my best to get some thing done for V-day in the mean time :) By the way I love these fan based projects you've been doing!

Ah ha I was thing of asking the same thing Shadsie. Yes! :ganondorf: x :) forever! But in all seriousness I bet someone out there is dieing to draw Zelda x Midna.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Hmm...I think that I may draw an AnjuxKafei picture. Might take me a while, but I'm going to try my best to get it done in time. :)

*goes off to draw*

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
I'm always a bit shaky drawing couples, as I'm not usually one for complete romantic mush and most of my drawing/writings end up that way... Anyway, here's mine. Rather than doing some art with Zelda and Link or Midna and Link, because most likely there'll be quite a few of those, I instead picked one of the stranger side-couples of the series, Maggie and Moe the Moblin:

maggieandmoefinalcopy.png

Again, sorry if the colours look a little weird to you guys, my monitor's really dull.

For those of you who might not have played Wind Waker, Maggie was once a poor girl from Windfall Island, who was kidnapped and taken to forsaken fortress. Long story short she's rescued and makes it back to Windfall, and her father becomes rich overnight from all the Skull Neclaces she brings back. Maggie, although rich, is still quite depressed. She misses the Moblin named Moe, who really liked Maggie and gave her the necklaces. She asks Link to send a letter to Moe, which he does. A while later, her father kicks out the Rito postman trying to deliver Moe's letter to Maggie, so Link must find the postman and deliver Moe's letter to Maggie himself. In this letter, Moe writes that he loves Maggie so much that he could eat her "for dinner" in broken, poorly written sentences befitting a Moblin. When she reads his letter, the young girl proclaims that it is a wedding proposal, that she wants to marry Moe, and that she will set sail for the Forsaken Fortress the following day. She never does, however, for she says she could never leave her dear father behind. (paraphrased from ZeldaWiki).

I thought it was a pretty cute, although obscure and slightly worrying relationship, and I like drawing Moblins. Also I somehow made Maggie look pretty, which I never really thought she was ingame... the writing at the top is supposed to be Moe's, and the writing at the bottom, Maggie's. I thought it kind of fitting considering they write to eachother, and the fact Moe is a Moblin... FUN! It's something different, anyhow.

A

Aubrie

Huy! Nice piece of work. I am a huge lover of art and crats. See you around and enjoy.

S

steve7680768

Nice work done with the valentine...
This valentine is going to be the best valentine of my life...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom