• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Vaati - The true villain of breath of the wild

Do you think that Vaati is the true villain of Breath of the Wild

• Total voters
Have you ever taken a look at the malice in the legend of Zelda breath of the wild and thought to yourself "where have I seen that". Well, that malice may look familiar because you've played either four swords or the minish cap.

Vaati, if you don't already know, is a villain from the legend of Zelda four swords and minish cap. He was a minish until he put on a cap which gave him his greatest desire. This desire was apparently to rule. in the minish cap you fight him as he takes on many forms each with the symbolic symbol of an eye. his final form which can be seen in four swords is the one I'd be talking about.

This form consists of a big black eye with an extruding tail. While in Minish form he also wears a very symbolic purple. This black and purple colouration can be seen on the malice, but do you remember the big eye and tail. Looks strangely familiar to the malice in the breath of the wild. Vaati uses magic as his main form of attack and this magic could possibly control both organic and inorganic material such as the guardians and, drum roll please, Ganon.

Hey guys if you think I spammed I didn't mean to
I tried to get people to read this thread but it didn't work so I re-posted it. It didn't work so if you are going to ban me or whatever please don't I wasn't given that much information and I am confused on what is supposed to happen so others can see my posts

Djinn

and Tonic
I think the board has just been a bit slower than usual lately so threads are not getting as many replies.

I am fairly certain Vaati is just forgotten by the current crew at Nintendo. Out of all the many characters who have been added to HW, Vaati is still not there at all. I do not think he would be added as a secret boss in any way since Nintendo is still at work pretending he does not exist.

you make a good point but if he was not as forgotten as you say and Nintendo is waiting for the right time to bring out the one thing that will blow everyone's minds

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Few reasons it's not vaati.

Nintendo Loves eyes like religiously so, they stick theme everywhere they can, case in point the vast majority of bosses.
Last we saw of Vaati he was sealed away in the Four Sword in his own timeline.
Game explicitly states it's Ganon not vaati and that he's become an elemental force that's given up on reincarnation (yet it don't stop him from trying to gain a body to whup links ass)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
No, it's definitely NOT Vaati. During the game there are references to past games in which they had to defeat Ganondorf (Ruto is mentioned fighting evil alongside the hero, Midna is mentioned when you obtain her mask, fighting alongside with the hero, even the hero of winds is mentioned when you obtain the WW shirt). Of course Nintendo loves to give some kind of fan services by adding names or elements from other games. But it's been said through the game that Ganon gave up his human form to become a beast. This is about Ganon and not Vaati. Even though I like Vaati and it would've been cool to have him in some kind of game, it's very sure this isn't him at all. Like Shiro said Nintendo has something with eyes. How often do we have to hit an eyeball on bosses to defeat them or hit eyeballs to solve puzzles (coughcoughskywordswordcoughcough). The purple goo is just something Nintendo used as an element to makes thing more tough. And even though it appeared in TMC I'm 100% sure this isn't Vaati but just Nintendo reusing things.

actually with a lot of discussion with my friends we found something to debunk this theory...
both four swords and minish cap were created by capcom meaning Nintendo has no rights to vaati and his appearance in the Zelda games

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom