• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Using The Song of Time to Go Back to Day 1: Do You Lose Progress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyeahh-gina

一剣の戦いの美しさ
I just started playing this game today. And I'm aware that once you get the Ocarina back from Skull Kid and turn back time to the first day before you have to get the mask back, there are some things you can do around the town to get items and upgrades.
I'll go ahead and get to the point of this Topic. If I don't complete all of the things I have to do in order to get the items and upgrades in the first day, and I want to turn back time again, will I lose the items and upgrades I already have?

I pondered on how I would word this question... so I hope I clarifyed it enough for you guys.

Junehs

[the.Jumping.Bean] ~
The only progress you lose is the rupees, and if you were in the middle of a dungeon, you lose your progress in there. However, when you beat a dungeon, you don't have to worry about going back to complete it over and over. c: You also do lose arrows and other equipment you might of been carrying (i.e. you had 20 arrows, you lose them all, but you don't lose the fact you even have arrows).

geek4887

The Unknown
I know that this is off topic, but shouldn't this be posted in "Zelda game help" area of the forum? Just saying.

Oh, and not only do you lose rupees, but you also lose arrows, bombs, deku sticks/nuts, etc. All of your main quest items, should be with you throughout your quests though, like masks, items, etc. Hope that helped :)

fyeahh-gina

一剣の戦いの美しさ
I know that this is off topic, but shouldn't this be posted in "Zelda game help" area of the forum? Just saying.

Oh, and not only do you lose rupees, but you also lose arrows, bombs, deku sticks/nuts, etc. All of your main quest items, should be with you throughout your quests though, like masks, items, etc. Hope that helped :)

Wow, I didn't even notice the "Zelda Game Help" area of the forum until you said something. I'm sorry, I can be so dumb sometimes. It's my first day on here, so i'm not aware of where everything iss :P but thanks for letting me know, I didn't wanna post it somewhere where it shouldn't be. The only thing I could think of was to post it on here. xPP

But thanks guys. :D

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
Well, you have three days to complete quests, dungeons, etc. but if you do go back to day one before you have completed something, then yes, you do lose your progress. But, there's an amazing feature called a bank that makes it so you don't lose your money when you go back to day one. Also, when you do decide to start again, you will lose everything that isn't necessary. Examples are: Arrows (not the bow), Bombs (not the bomb bag), Trading Quest items, Rupees (not in the bank), etc. Hope this helps!

S

ShinyLink

you'll lose stuff that's not main such as arrows, rupees, small keys, boss keys etc. you'll still have your weapons or mask.

Also if you go back in time, the great fairies will be split up into the little fairies again, so you have to recollect them all if you didn't get the power up.

Most sidequests will reset and can be redone (although they tend to have trimmed cutscenes), but the upgrades and items acquired stay, even if you lose your stock of any given item. Rupees can be stored in the bank to keep them even when you play the Song of Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom