• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Ura Zelda, The Lost Quest

*BUMP*

Well I have decided I may keep going with my Zelda 64 project instead of lending it to Zelda Documentary.

Some of the attacks included the beamblade which was in MM acquired via Fierce Deity. Some items found in MM games data that never showed were as such : hookshot, fairy ocarina, and fairy slingshot.

Ura Zelda is Beta Zelda64 in my eyes. Majoras Mask and Twilight Princess seemed to have brought back beta OoT with certain aspects. But yes I agree Master Quest IS NOT and never will be the real Ura Zelda. We were promised a whole new Zelda, and I believe we in fact did get that...it was called Majora's Mask.

Ura Zelda is Master Quest whether you like it or not.
Zelda wiki also says it is.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Minda, Ura Zelda is this. (Heh, you got the OoT nerd about to talk facts!)

When in production the Nintendo 64 Disk Drive was released. With this, Ocarina of Time was in the cool screenshots stage of production. Nintendo decided that they were to make the first game on a cartridge, then release two Disk Drive disks. With this, the two disk drives would do two things. One of them enabled for harder dungeons and harder bosses. Another one made the game cooler and larger (More dungeons). The second one was to be Ura Zelda.
Ura Zelda had cool stuff. In example, there was to be an ability to work with Mario Paint Shop to create your own mask. If you didn't want to paint one, then you could hook your GameBoy Camera to the N64 and turn you into a mask! Pretty much, it was to be a Zelda game with two expansion packs.

They do say that Majoras Mask has some features of Ura Zelda (The clock that tells people what to do and when to do, Masks, etc.). Same with Master Quest.

A

Avia Rayne

Personally, I've never heard of Ura Zelda until reading this thread. But I do remember looking through very early screenshots of OoT (much like that TV commerical a while back on this thread) that had the Medallions as equiptable items. I believe the one in the screen shot was the forest medallion, but that's not really important.

The caption that accompanied that shot said something along the lines of "the medallions were supposed to be able to be equipped in OoT, but that idea was scrapped."

But the question I have is, couldn't Ura Zelda have just been the extra stuff that they cut out of the original OoT? This is just my hunch on the subject, but it would explain basically all of the arguments for new items, new characters, new quests, etc. It could also explain why Nintendo decided not to even release it: like, maybe a divided development staff on the content. That would explain why items, characters and quests were excluded from the final release of OoT. Even if they finished it, someone somewhere decided against its release and the idea was canned.

Now, it was mentioned earlier on this thread that at one point Majora's Mask and Ura Zelda were mentioned as separate games entirely. I still stand by my theory (based on just the things mentioned in this thread) that Ura Zelda was the content cut from the original OoT and that over time, the hype for Ura Zelda from the Nintendo Team switched to promote Majora's Mask, so they just decided to can the idea before it was even released

Don't quote me on any of that, it's all pure speculation. =)

Amelie

Air Dancer
This does sound interesting. And I agree... MQ maybe was some of it but not all of it. I actually find MQ really easy. I hope they put it on Virtual console though... because I would play it for sure ^^

B

bsltiger

found this site before i found this forum. there is a section about ura, which is where i saw some pictures. Link is standing on the triforce platform in the ToT.... with a yellow tunic? and he is by the ocarina platform.... in a white tunic? and there is also the unicorn fountain.
http://www.unseen64.net/articles/zelda64-project-development/
zeldap12.jpg
zeldap13.jpg
zeldap47.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
There are a lot of things on Zelda Wiki that is outdated or incorrect. It is a daily battle. I always knew that Master Quest was not Ura Zelda. I just don't have the references to prove that. And you need that to make that point on the wiki.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
i believe ura zelda was a remake of oot for the n64 by nintendo and they scrapped the idea but brought it back and went through with put it on gamecube and most of us know ura zelda today as The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest.

V

voltarrow

i want ura zelda to be released again but the the original version

A

ALinkToTheLost

I will buy Ura Zelda XD

i want ura zelda to be released again but the the original version

That may or may not happen. :(

Though perhaps in the distant future, some people will get their hands on a copy of the unreleased Ura Zelda by some mysterious means... say from going through boxes in a Nintendo warehouse. It's happened like this with other games.

To go slightly off-topic, Miyamoto has said that Zelda Wii would be "without a doubt, the last Zelda game as you know it in its present form." I know it sounds outright absolutely ridiculous, but for some reason I can't help thinking this has something to do with Ura Zelda.

And to set the record straight, if there is a petition to get Ura Zelda officially released in its entirety, I am putting my name at the top of the list. And I would pay exactly one thousand, eight hundred and seventy two dollars for it.

I AM a hardcore fan. :D

I think that Ura Zelda ended up being Master Quest, and Majora's Mask.
If I remember correcty Ura Zelda was originally meant to be OOT with new content, and harder dungeons.

At some point Nintendo decided to make the new content into a new game(Majora's Mask), and the harder dungeons become Master Quest.

If my theory is right, then Ura Zelda probably does not exist in it's original form as a playable game.

This would not be the first time that Nintendo did something like this, remember Super Mario 128?

Parts of Super Mario 128 have been used in other games like Pikmin, and Super Mario Galaxy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom