• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Updated Cries?

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
So as many of you know, the cries of most of the older Pokemon have been updated from their original form to a more modern form. For example, the first and second generation Pokemon cries were all of course, in 8-bit form. They have stayed this way through all of the games up until Black 2 and White 2. There have been a few professional reviewers who criticized these cries because they sounded very dated. So GameFreak decided to amend this in Pokemon X and Y. Personally, I'm not a fan of most of the updated cries because I feel they don't define the older Pokemon as well. Raichu's cry for example has been updated dramatically for the release of the games and it sounds very different from what it once was. So honestly, I would have preferred if they had kept previous generation cries as they originally were as they have been that way for so many generations. Maybe I'm being too resistant to change, but I just feel this way. What are your thoughts?

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I'm fine with the newer cries. In an age where sound is becoming better, it makes sense that the cries would become newer.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Things have to change eventually and the cries were something that needed to be severely updated :)

Fig

The Altruist
I do have to admit that when I first heard the updated cries as I was playing Pokemon X, I was amused from the updated cries as I was actually expecting GameFreak to keep the 8-bit format of each and every Pokemon. It was when I first found my Pikachu that I started to enjoy the updated cries even more. ^^ Although I do miss the 8-bit variant of cries that I had enjoyed throughout the previous five generation of Pokemon, I am welcoming the new cries with open arms because it really is a nice touch for GameFreak to try and make Pokemon more appealing for both veterans and newcomers for generations to come. Now the real question that practically everyone except my has thought of when it comes to these cries: Why was Pikachu the only one to get the privilege to speak its own name rather than his original cry? Honestly, I think it is because he is the mascot and we have heard its voice from over 17 years now so I think it expected to hear him in the games eventually. It would be nice to see the other Pokemon speak their names are make their respectively made sounds that they produced in the anime, but simply having Pikachu speak his own name should be fine enough for now. :)

Skunk

Floof
I'm glad they updated the cries. Updated graphic style, udgraded system, new cries!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom