• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Unusual Features You Would Like to See in Zelda

onebizarrekai

gay energy
We all know that Link generally goes around wielding a sword, shield and a bunch of other items. Zelda is the princess, and all that. No, I'm not saying Link should be wielding a GUN or something, but haven't you ever thought about what it would be like if they added something completely new and interesting to a Zelda game?

This could be done well, or it could be done terribly. Even if they just added a single item that could change gameplay it could have a huge impact. I know that they've tried this many times, adding interesting things, but travel methods don't exactly count as an interesting feature since they seem change it every time anyway.

Some of you might know that me and many, many other people have been watching Attack on Titan and (maybe) obsessing over it. It got me thinking... Imagine if Link could fight with something similar to the Maneuver Gear? I know this sounds ridiculous, but think about it. Just look at Levi! Imagine if Link could do that! Wouldn't that be awesome?

I don't know... Mid-air combat just sounds like a really cool feature they could put in a Zelda game to me.

Your thoughts on this subject?

Fig

The Altruist
Some of you might know that me and many, many other people have been watching Attack on Titan and (maybe) obsessing over it. It got me thinking... Imagine if Link could fight with something similar to the Maneuver Gear? I know this sounds ridiculous, but think about it. Just look at Levi! Imagine if Link could do that! Wouldn't that be awesome?

I don't know... Mid-air combat just sounds like a really cool feature they could put in a Zelda game to me.

You don't mean this by any chance BLK? :rolleyes:

looking_good_in_green_by_amazingartistyellow-d6xupgj.jpg

On that note, I do believe that seeing mid-air combat would be a very cool thing to see in a future installment of Zelda. If anything, I would also like to see a bigger emphasis of magic. Sure we have items such as Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, and Farore's Wind, but I personally would like to see more items/abilities that Link could have to utilize in his quests more often. Giving him a bigger arsenal in magic would be great to see in a future installment of the series and it could really work well with the whole "fantasy" theme that the franchise always depicts! :)

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
This might not sound good to a lot of fanboys, but how about really overpowering Link? I loved being Feirce Deity Link in Majora's Mask. It gave me a feeling of power and invincibility that I've never experienced again in any Zelda game. Off course the Deity Mask was imbalanced and it should be done differently. But something like that would be awesome!

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
All I can think of is the "Should Link be Gay thread"

An unusual feature I'd like to see in Zelda would be GhirahimxLink a more futuristic setting. Yeah yeah, medieval fantasy, whoopdee-doo, fun fun. I don't think we've explored enough horizons with the Zelda series, and I think a futuristic setting would be a neat feature. CYBEREPONA BISHES.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
And what do you guys think of the possibility to change the difficulty? Sometimes Zelda can be so freakishly easy. And I mean with a higher difficulty not enemies that hit harder or take more hits, but enemies that actually have a better AI or more difficult puzzles. So Zelda appeals to the casual gamers and the hardcore gamers. Kinda like Master Quest for OoT, but then better.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Giving Link a lot more freedom in terms of maneuverability and his interaction with the surrounding environment.

Skyward Sword touched upon this somewhat by giving Link the ability to sprint, and to free-run, well not complete free running. However it still didn't feel like I had complete control over Link and I think that's important to establish the connection between the player and the game - giving the feeling of more immersion.

So sprinting should stay in the series from now on, but it shouldn't be as limited as it was in SS. Have tha ability to let Link's stamina improve over his adventure - giving us that sense of progression. To add onto the free-running elements, give Link more ways to move: jumping, climbing, grabbing etc. All of which are currently present in the series, but here's where it changes. Make the environment more expansive and give Link the ability to traverse it in a number of ways. No longer will you be held back by an atheistic boundary. Basically the environment will open up giving it more freedom and depth, which will in turn add to Link's skill set and he approaches a certain task.

Sheik

:the:
I sometimes imagined Link being supported by one or two *actual* partners. Partners that had their own combat techniques and assisted Link in battle and puzzles, instead of just nagging him about what to do. These partners would have their own distinct personalities and abilities, and with Link, they all form like a "tag team". Eh, I don't know.

Midair combat would be awesome, btw.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
I have always wanted a forest full of giant trees that link can climb around and use items similar to things like the deku leaf, grappling hook, claw/hook shot and so on, to explore.
I would also like the ability to take over the bodes of characters, enemies and creatures in links environment and use there skill sets to fight and explore. I know similar things are quite common in Zelda games but I would like to see it to a larger extent.

(The game Skies of Arcadia is kind of what I'm thinking of)
I've always thought Zelda would be good if link traveled around the world map in an airship, (Come to think of it, SS had the sandship... >.<)
And random encounters Zelda 2 style but your fighting on the ship deck like an arena esc thing, And again like Skies of Arcadia ship battles!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom