• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Unpopular Characters You Like

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Navi. Of characters that are actually disliked, she'd have to be number 1 for me. She gets a lot of hate. A lot of unfair hate imo. I think a lot of people haven't even played OoT and still hate Navi cause of the annoying stereotype, and even people who have played OoT only dislike cause of the stereotype. Navi, is not as annoying as people make her out to be. Not even remotely close. In fact, Navi is probably one of, if not, the least annoying companions in the entire Zelda series. Navi really doesn't do anything that garners as much hate as she gets. Sure, I can see why some people find her a little annoying. Her voice can be irritating, but is that as annoying as Fi's bleeping? Or as annoying as Fi's and or Midna's endless dialogue? Really guys, Navi isn't near as bad as people make her out to be.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I like Fi quite a bit. She's certainly very annoying with how often she interrupts the flow of the game -- lack of voice acting is the culprit, there -- but she was very insightful and informational regarding enemies and environments, which is something I sorely missed after the N64 era. Ever since The Wind Waker, helper characters haven't exactly been very helpful. True, Midna and Zelda (ST) got directly involved in the action, but they didn't offer any insight into the gaming world, and that really bothered me. To see that come back with even more detail in Skyward Sword was very welcome, and I hope Nintendo keeps it up in future entries.

I like Fi quite a bit. She's certainly very annoying with how often she interrupts the flow of the game -- lack of voice acting is the culprit, there -- but she was very insightful and informational regarding enemies and environments, which is something I sorely missed after the N64 era. Ever since The Wind Waker, helper characters haven't exactly been very helpful. True, Midna and Zelda (ST) got directly involved in the action, but they didn't offer any insight into the gaming world, and that really bothered me. To see that come back with even more detail in Skyward Sword was very welcome, and I hope Nintendo keeps it up in future entries.

Yah I never really hated Fi, it was just annoying after every cut scene she re-explained everything that was just explained. I guess I get it since in Hero Mode it is actually helpful if you skip the cut scene and forget what's going on, and her informative properties were pretty awesome, her design was awesome, but she had no personality. Navi didn't have much of a personality, but when you play the game you feel like you have a buddy with you. When I play SS I don't feel that way.

Salem

SICK
Navi. Of characters that are actually disliked, she'd have to be number 1 for me. She gets a lot of hate. A lot of unfair hate imo. I think a lot of people haven't even played OoT and still hate Navi cause of the annoying stereotype, and even people who have played OoT only dislike cause of the stereotype. Navi, is not as annoying as people make her out to be. Not even remotely close. In fact, Navi is probably one of, if not, the least annoying companions in the entire Zelda series. Navi really doesn't do anything that garners as much hate as she gets. Sure, I can see why some people find her a little annoying. Her voice can be irritating, but is that as annoying as Fi's bleeping? Or as annoying as Fi's and or Midna's endless dialogue? Really guys, Navi isn't near as bad as people make her out to be.
I can tell you right now that her voice has little to do with the most of the hate she gets, at least to me that is.

Last edited:
As far as hated characters go it seems like their all assistants and I have never been a big fan of companions anyway they get in the way and on your nerves.
Characters that don't get much attention, hm, the one that springs to mind is the postman in OoT and MM but not the more recent games PH, ST, TP, he was irritating in those. He was more serious in OoT and MM and he gave you a hat and heart piece in MM(in return for something else of course). He's always been quirky but only in those two games was it in a good way to me. He doesn't get enough love in those games. But he deserves all the hate he get's in the others. Guess I don't like it when people are helpful.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
My number one, which is just a side story character is Grog/Punk Kid. Dont ask why, just like the guy, Not to mention named after beer! LOL

I really liked Midna, which not a lot of people seem to agree with me on that one, as well as Ezlo, but he's a much more "likable" character!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Navi didn't have much of a personality, but when you play the game you feel like you have a buddy with you.

I think that's a problem with Ocarina of Time. The relationship between Link and Navi is waaaaay to buddy-buddy. There's never any kind of tension to flesh their friendship out.

Link and Fi don't exactly have tension, either, but Fi's robotic personality makes up for that.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Well Navi I guess but Navi does still have quite the fan base.

David Jr from WW and TMC, the one that isn't actually related to the tingle brothers. He's not disliked but I've never heard of anyone liking him either haha. While I feel bad for his slavery situation I do find it funny in a sick sedistic way

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom