• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Universal Studios, Zelda Rumors; What Would YOU Do?

Universal's Islands of Adventure had a show that posed as a ride, called Poseidon's Fury. It was cool. Look it up.

Rumor is, while Nintendo (Mario + Donkey Kong) Land is going to Universal's third new park in Orlando, there is a chance the old Atlantis land will become a Zelda Land. It's the land before Harry Potter Hogsmeade land.

The idea is this new ride/show will be Zelda meets an escape room.

They are planning how to make it work.

If you went to a theme park where you have to engage in an interactive situation, to collect power, to earn the right to go to a finale situation, in a Zelda context, how would you like that to work?

My idea is there's a minimum and maximum time. The minimum time prevents cheezers from ruining the experience of others. The maximum time prevents people from having to solve it and they can enjoy it as a show/ride. But in between is a chance to solve it.

In the phone app, you collect, fire, water, forest, the triforce, and earn the right for the finale.

How would these puzzles work to be a mass audience "ride" but a cool Zelda live dungeon?

Do you like this idea?

DivineDragoness

Bombergirl Xtreme
I'm not sure Zelda is cut out well for a theme park attraction, kind of like how a movie probably wouldn't actually end up appealing to most people. Zelda is just so all over the place with its tone and presentation, something like Kirby or Pikmin would be better suited for it.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
An escape room style thing would be super cool but kind of difficult to implement at scale I imagine,

Having been to the Super Nintendo World in Universal Studios Japan I think that they could apply a similar concept with the wristbands where you could complete mini games to collect triforce pieces from various attractions to then unlock the final attraction that way.

The Super Nintendo World and interactive playground ideas are cool. There's an attraction at DisneySea Tokyo that's an interactive scavenger hunt about Leonardo DaVinci. Only the final stage of the hunt is unique. The castle area is scattered with symbols, a few buttons which reveal the clue if pressed in the right order. There are four maps with three paths each, but for each map the paths are designed to lead to the final room. There are four rooms in the castle that work with your map to show an ending cutscene. it's cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom