• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Under-appreciated Wii Games

Okay then, so the Wii is nearly dead and we'll always remember the first party titles we had, which for some characters was more than both the n64 and Gamecube combined.

But aside from the first party games such as Mario, Metroid, Kirby and of course Zelda, which games do you own or have you played that you really enjoyed that seem to be under the radar, in that no one ever mentions them when they mention the Wii's library?

for me i have two games; the first being-

Fragile Dreams; Farewell ruins of the moon - you won't play another game like this one, i don't think many people have played it but i really don't know why that is the case considering a lot of the Wii's audience is quite young and should be attracted to anime style games.. Fragile Dreams looks like nothing else and feels like nothing else, it has its flaws in gameplay but the game has so much emotional content to such an extent that it is almost suffocating. Even when you are just casually moving from one location to another the emotional value of the world around you and the character's state of mind still retain their symbiotic relationship with the player. The story is basic yet deep and poignant and for once, the voice acting is superb. It does suffer from some harsh slowdown and it doesn't have a lock on system for combat but if you're careful, the combat won't be too frustrating.

Another Code R: A Journey into Lost Memories - The Wii sequel to the DS classic, again this game is probably very underplayed by the gaming crowd. On the surface its a point and click adventure but while you play it it feels like something more and after 20 minutes you'll be so intrigued by the story and so heart-warmed by the cute graphics and cuter characters that you wont want to put it down even when you get completely stuck. Again, this is shame that it is rarely ever mentioned by the gaming sites and forums because its a game that will take up the hours but not feel pointless or regrettable.

Anyone else have some Wii games that no one else seems to care about that you really love? Post away =]

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Red steel 2! That game was amazing and made proper use of the Wii motion + device, it was pure fun all the way through. The only problem is that it sold a measly 300,000 copies. People really should have given this game a try.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Ganonking beat me to the punch. Red Steel 2 soooooooo much. I had loads of fun with that game. It starts off a bit weak, but it picks up very quickly. There are things that need to be improved on if there is to be another sequel, but this is most definitely one Wii game any fan of hard-swingin' action should get.

Dan

Trauma center , I found it pretty funny , the story really takes itself seriously too :P
I think it's a very good game that utilizes motion control well.

bhavin said:
i really enjoyed metroid prime corruptions

Yes, but that is a million seller, not an under appreciated title. ;)

I would have to say:

*Muramasa: The Demon Blade-Gorgeous art style.
*Red Steel 2-A prototype for the motion plus support featured in Skyward Sword.
*Sin and Punishment: Star Successor-Best rail shooter of the generation.
*Madworld-Very unique in its monochrome art style.

Last edited:

Hanyou

didn't build that
red ste-oh.....im late

Maybe it's not underappreciated? :eek:

I for one love Harvest Moon games, which makes both Tree of Tranquility and its successor, Animal Parade, a couple of my favorite Wii games.

[video=youtube;W6QxPdZbwRw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6QxPdZbwRw[/video]

Both have their strengths. Tree of Tranquility is (ironically) much more fast-paced and frantic, while Animal Parade has much longer days (about 30 minutes I think, and with 112 days in a year, time adds up fast). Animal Parade has much better festivals and a more prominent focus on character relationships. I really fell in love with the world and characters in both games--there's just so much charm in them.

The trailer doesn't make it look like much fun, but honestly, they're a couple of my favorite games in one of my favorite series ever. I would have been sold on the Wii on the strength of those titles alone. Playing either game is a fantastic way to relax, even when things do get frantic, and the hours I've poured into them (and the rest of the Harvest Moon titles I've played) are well worth it.

It's obvious the games were made on a low budget, and fundamentally, most Harvest Moon games stick to a formula. But that's all okay. Because Tree of Tranquility and Animal Parade both gave me the opportunity to get lost in a world free of violence, uncertainty, and all the other things that can make life so difficult. I can't think of many franchises that do that.

Last edited:

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
Boom Blox. It was maybe one of the most under-appreciated Wii games of all time. The game play was so amazing. It is just so fun to throw different
assortments of balls at the right towering blocks, or you could just goof off and throw the different balls at the little square(unique;)) creatures that are around you. I would have to say the graphics are actually pretty good. They are not Super Mario Galaxy 2 graphics, but they are certainly not Family Party: 90 Great Games Party Pack:suspicious:.. The game is just really fun. VERY under-appreciated.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Epic Mickey. It sold well and all that, but people seemed to really dislike it, when it's one of my favorite games on the Wii (I'd probably even rank it above Skyward Sword). Very few games have anywhere near as compelling a world or as rich a history. Epic Mickey is one of the few games that managed to make me actually want to hunt for collectibles on their own merits, rather than collecting them for 100% completion. I wish more people had liked it and more people had played it, because it's really one of the best gaming experiences I can recall having.

Dan

Epic Mickey. It sold well and all that, but people seemed to really dislike it, when it's one of my favorite games on the Wii (I'd probably even rank it above Skyward Sword). Very few games have anywhere near as compelling a world or as rich a history. Epic Mickey is one of the few games that managed to make me actually want to hunt for collectibles on their own merits, rather than collecting them for 100% completion. I wish more people had liked it and more people had played it, because it's really one of the best gaming experiences I can recall having.

I think I've heard mixed views on it. I'm sure I heard complaints about the camera.

I hear little big kings story is a pretty good gem in the wii library.

*Sin and Punishment: Star Successor-Best rail shooter of the generation.
You're absolutely right about that. Sin & Punishment is overall a great series, even though it only has two games. Not a lot of people seem to know about it, though, which saddens me. The only bad thing about it is that both games are pretty short. The good thing about Star Successor is that it didn't seem to tie in too much with the events that happened in the first one, so any one could pick it up and not become confused with its events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom