• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Two Final Bosses.

Link's Shadow48

Shadow Link reborn
What do you think of the ending of the game in which you fight two final bosses consecutively? For example, Ganon and Vaati? or who would you like to fight?

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Actually VanitasXII suggested this in a recent reply to one of my threads. The reasoning behind this notion is absolutely ingenious. In contemporary installments so called "pawn" villains along the lines of Zant and Ghirahim have been introduced. Their true potential was wasted in combat and from a story perspective as they failed to reunite their masters before perishing.

Time and time again helper villains have proven that they cannot defeat Link on their own. The power of the hero and his Master Sword always exceeds their own. With Link on the defensive in a 1 vs. 2 battle with the advantage on the villains' side things could really start to cook up. This not only would represent a fantastic new story direction for the franchise but also a return to the difficulty of earlier installments. I endorse this idea and would like to see it incorporated in a future installment preferably with Ganondorf/Ganon and one of his henchmen.

Link's Shadow48

Shadow Link reborn
I completely agreee, i think it would be more challenging and fun, who knows? maybe in future installments?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Edit: I read the OP wrong.

I'd prefer the series to stick with the multiple, separated battles that it's used since Zelda II. Two bosses at once would probably get annoying in the end. I wouldn't mind this with a superboss, but I'd prefer it to stay away from the final bosses. Buffing up anything just for the sake of buffing it up is pointless and redundant imo.

Last edited:

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Zelda's been doing this ever since Zelda II. Very few games in the series don't have multiple final battles. In fact, it's only grown recently. In TP, ST, and SS, there are 3-4 different battles in the games' conclusions. I'm a bit confused as to why you've asked this question when this very scenario has been happening for over 25 years.

Those bosses were not battled consecutively but rather in phases one after the other. The opening post appears to be asking if you would like for multiple villains to take on Link simultaneously.

Link's Shadow48

Shadow Link reborn
Zelda's been doing this ever since Zelda II. Very few games in the series don't have multiple final battles. In fact, it's only grown recently. In TP, ST, and SS, there are 3-4 different battles in the games' conclusions. I'm a bit confused as to why you've asked this question when this very scenario has been happening for over 25 years.

I mean consecutively

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Actually VanitasXII suggested this in a recent reply to one of my threads. The reasoning behind this notion is absolutely ingenious. In contemporary installments so called "pawn" villains along the lines of Zant and Ghirahim have been introduced. Their true potential was wasted in combat and from a story perspective as they failed to reunite their masters before perishing.

Time and time again helper villains have proven that they cannot defeat Link on their own. The power of the hero and his Master Sword always exceeds their own. With Link on the defensive in a 1 vs. 2 battle with the advantage on the villains' side things could really start to cook up. This not only would represent a fantastic new story direction for the franchise but also a return to the difficulty of earlier installments. I endorse this idea and would like to see it incorporated in a future installment preferably with Ganondorf/Ganon and one of his henchmen.

All of what ALIT said is my stance, basically. The notion of having to fight not one but TWO bosses at the same time for an epic finale just blows my mind; never before have we seen such a tactic used within a Zelda game (or if we have, I don't know of it). From a story perspective this could create a LOT of tension. From a gameplay perspective, not only will things get tense, but they'll also get a helluva lot more serious as well.

I don't know about you, but in the most recent Zelda title, Skyward Sword, I didn't feel the final boss to be serious at all, neither from a story perspective nor from how you deal with him. I mean, it was anti climactic, it didn't live up to the buildup that happened beforehand, and it didn't play like I envisioned it to. I could take my time and defeat him, I could rush him and defeat him...yeah. Just didn't feel like a final boss. The dude sort of warned me in the first place that he could "wait a few moments" or something of the sort, but come ON. This is the FINAL BOSS. I should have some kinda difficulty, right? DemisexGhirahim in a final boss battle would be INSANE.

I personally would love to see Ganondorf (OoT) and Vaati Reborn (TMC) paired up, just to see how the boss battle would play out. Would this be annoying to the typical Zelda player? Could be.. Would it be a challenge? Oh, absolutely. Would it be fun? For me it would. ^.^

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I like this idea of two consecutive baddies right in a row.

Maybe it could be the regular threat that you fight and defeat but they do that dumb thing where they aren't dead and they threaten u and have a little speech...
THEENNN the supposed pawn villain somehow unleashes their true power, crushes the main threat, and then you fight the villain that has been around the whole game...

I'm just fantasizing. But yes I like the idea

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Here's my idea: We've been discussing pawn villains lately, so why not have a spurned pawn and the main Villain fight each other as well as Link? This would pare down the difficulty so people don't cry about two bosses at once. It would also be an interesting way to show a power struggle. Thoughts?

There's a lot of fun in this idea but would the Zelda gameplay really lend itself well to two bosses at the same time, particularly skirmishes like Demise?

I'd like it to, we had Twinrova but then they were more of a take turns and choose boss, two independent behemoths like Demise coming at Link would probably call for a massive gameplay change, perhaps the ability to Target two enemies at once, bat one attack away from one enemy with the shied while parrying and striking at the other, it'd be nice and there are so many ideas nintendo could go with that they could probably fill 2 games the size of TP with double boss ideas, i just don't think with the way Zelda plays that it'd be all that fast or furious or as fun as most of the KH bosses or even Devil May Cry bosses seem to be. It'd be nice though, it'd be soooooooo nice. =]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom