• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Tutorial: Drawing Link and Hylian Ears

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
:) Hey guys, if you had been paying attention in my last thread, I mentioned making a figure tutorial. Well, here are the pages of that tutorial that I decided to focus on Zelda-oriented matters. The rest of the tutorial is a general guide (non Zelda, save for these two pages) and it's in an album in my profile if you wanted to use it.

tutorialpg7copy.jpg

tutorialpg8copy.jpg

**By the way, for everyone who liked my Psychotic Dark Link, I'm in the process of coloring him and I have to say... It's turning out to be SCARY AS HELL. Honestly, I'm not sure if I'll even post it when I'm done >.>

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Very cool.

My way of doing the ears though... I actually ignore, somewhat, how they look in the game in preference to my own style which is almost straight-up animal ears... inspired by the horse, specifically. This comes from much time spent drawing and painting original characters from one of my (argh, come on, someone take me on and publish me already!) original novels. All of the people in that particular world had "horselike ears" and wet, "doglike noses" - but in all other respects, were human. I liked drawing the characters from this world with long, expressive ears. When designing them, I was actually going for something that marked them as "not of our world" but NOT elvish...

which makes it ironic that once I got into Zelda fandom I started drawing "elvy" Hylians with a similar ear-style.

Expressive, too. I like drawing the ears expressive... In my fan fiction writing, I actually note Link having "drooping ears" when he's sad or dissappointed. (I've seen this in some of the Himekawa mangas). It makes sense to me. I'd love to have ears that could pitch and swivel.

Also, colored Dark Link? Post it! Post iiiiit!

It's hard to scare me. Remember, I paint skulls.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Ha, I feel like you'd be the only member not freaked out by it Shadsie :bleh: Anyway, I still have a ways to go before finishing it. I like the concept of your characters having animal feature; elongated ears give a lot of personality to a character, imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom