• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Trying to Learn Photoshop

I

Invad3rZim

Hello people! :)

So, very recently I got Photoshop and have been trying to learn how it works. This thread will be my journey, hopefully, from a "n00b" with photoshop to someone who is at least mediocre with it. My goal is obviously to get better with photoshop, and thus I would love any comments, helpful criticism, and or humiliating ridicule that you can provide. I will try to keep this main post updated with all the pictures I have done, but I will also show new pictures as seperate posts as I make them. With that being said, I hope you guys enjoy it, and thanks!

So here we go:

The first thing I made was a banner for a small, fan-made Zelda site called Zelda Level that you can find here. I then messed around with the colors to try and learn more :) Here they are --

Yellow

Turquoise

Red

Purple

Pink

Orange

Grey

Green

Blue

Fire!

So, which is your favorite?

Anyway, I then messed more around with colors and made this -

Green ( With Emblem )
I obviously didn't make the zelda symbol, just the colors and the text :)

After that I started with messing around with editing actual pictures that other people have made, here are some I did --

Link

In this one I just added the background, cut out link and added navi, her glow, and the "Hey Listen"

Zelda

In this one I cut out zelda, added the glow, added the fairies and their glow, and put in the background as well as faded some stuff

Paper!

In this one all I did was add all the text and edit the image to make it stand out better and I faded some things ( bolder lines ect... )

This one was made by my cousin... I think it is very humorous xD

LMAO

Thats it for now, I'll update it when I make some new things :) Thanks again for your time!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
For someone new with photoshop I think you are doing a great job in cutting out :) I mean it is hard to cut a picture out without the hard edges. There are many ways to solve this but I think it is a pretty decent job you did with it :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom