• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Trouble Communicating: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Okay, quick thoughts after reading through this.

I find myself leaning towards Kreal's Gunsmith plan to be derptown v some sort of scum play. I think its far more reasonable that Kreal was hyperfocused on getting immediate info out of people than trying to so openly coordinate a plan with a scum team.

I think Ex's insistence that Kreaal was doing the latter is less about going for an easy lynch, but I think Ex may just be tunneling Kreaal for conflicting game styles or personalities. Like Kreaal's posting style of generating a whole page of responses and refusal to give out meta info, both of which rubbed Ex the wrong way. In a weird way, I think people are tunneling Ex for tunneling.

I do think Ex getting 3 (eventually 4) votes off the bat is weird and I think makes more sense in a world where we have Scum!Ex for a couple reasons:
1) imo scum tend to rvs vote partners more often than would happen by truly random chance, because they're focused on them
2) once he gets an RVS vote or two it can potentially look awkward if ScumEx flips first and you started his rvs counterwagon
this also means in the event of an Ex scumflip i'd wager there is min 1 scum in morbid/rubik/moe/kirino

in the event I'm wrong and he's town I dislike the 3rd and 4th spot people on it (moe, kirino) because a silly-ish bandwagon RVS vote is a pretty safe place to park rvs vote to minimize the usual back and forth interaction you get from whoever you RVS.
Also, because Moe quoted this above so it was easy for me to look back at, I disagree with this analysis of the wagon. I plainly am gonna say I don't think the wagon against Ex was remotely AI. It occurred within the first two hours of the day, and while four is a lot, he wasn't close to maj. And Ex famously stresses about votes against him (as others have said) so I don't think there's an insane amount of thought put behind those RVS votes. It's a "lul lets stress Ex out." At least, I'm fairly certain thats where Min and Rubik would be coming from, I'm not sure about Moe's reasoning but I can't imagine its farther from that.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Vote Count:
ExLight (3) - Rubik, Moe the Moblin, Kirino
Kreaal (1) - ExLight

Not Voting: Johnny Sooshi, Kreaal, Silverfish, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Doc, Libk, Funnygurl555, FlargBlarg, Morbid Minish

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 will end on Tuesday, January 19th at 8:00pm MST.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Holy crap 11 pages already. I'm going to quickly tell my availability before I go in for this Crown fitting(dental work sucks).

I work 6am-2:30 PM mon-fri. I can't post during that time. I will try to be as active as possible after work. I read so far and have some thoughts but literally sitting in the chair right now and I hate dentists so please give me a moment.

Also, glad some people don't like policy lynches. I used to be one if I survived past day 3 simply because I roll serial killer a lot and have many near wins, and a couple of wins. And those near wins were killing the last scum when they killed me. Twice... on this forum xD.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Ok I skimmed to get caught up. The thread seems split on Kreaal, but while I was at work I kept thinking about it. I'm thinking at least one player who is willing to make ballsy obvious scum moves will totally do it, and Kreaal strikes me as the kind of player who would try a gambit like this as scum.

It seems like a move that is just so terrible that no scum would actually do it, but that's the reason to do it – because few people will actually believe it was a scum move after thinking about it.

I really really want to lynch Kreaal today for it, I feel very strongly that they are scum: probably a Mafia Gunsmith like in their hypothetical scenario. I'm not tunneling, I'm just going with my gut read atm, and lately my gut reads when I'm town haven't been wrong.

Vote: Kreaal

more about his tone, I feel like scum SMS kinda has more certainty and is a bit more bold in composed way

town sms usually feels a bit scattered and oversimplified when not pursuing something they’re sure of

is it to yours

So if I look In the last game I was in and the first game on this site I was in (where you and SMS were scum buddies) your telling me I won’t find any post like the one your town leaning him for?

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
And Ex famously stresses about votes against him (as others have said) so I don't think there's an insane amount of thought put behind those RVS votes. It's a "lul lets stress Ex out."
and it's working
1611008138395.png

So if I look In the last game I was in and the first game on this site I was in (where you and SMS were scum buddies) your telling me I won’t find any post like the one your town leaning him for?
You probably will find a few messages like that yea, but while you're using a single game as a reference I'm using like a dozen.
This is why meta is important.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Ok I skimmed to get caught up. The thread seems split on Kreaal, but while I was at work I kept thinking about it. I'm thinking at least one player who is willing to make ballsy obvious scum moves will totally do it, and Kreaal strikes me as the kind of player who would try a gambit like this as scum.

It seems like a move that is just so terrible that no scum would actually do it, but that's the reason to do it – because few people will actually believe it was a scum move after thinking about it.

I really really want to lynch Kreaal today for it, I feel very strongly that they are scum: probably a Mafia Gunsmith like in their hypothetical scenario. I'm not tunneling, I'm just going with my gut read atm, and lately my gut reads when I'm town haven't been wrong.

I'm kind of leery of this logic because it implies there's actually a benefit to scum doing it, when everyone is obviously just going to immediately shut it down you can't actually coordinate with it

Also just realized kreaal suggesting to shoot me means we're never scum together

Anyway, kreaal has been all over the place but I dont think that makes them scum whatsoever

I would never pull that as scum (least for the reason you provided).
At first thought, I was like thinking this could be a way to prevent a kill or low end clear someone’s slot as Town.
I wasn’t considering the fact that mafia could abuse and use coordination with that plan.
I admit it was a bad plan, but I do understand your concern regarding your “gut”.
Rather this gut read is genuine or not, I’ll try and figure that out later down the road.

I'm kind of leery of this logic because it implies there's actually a benefit to scum doing it, when everyone is obviously just going to immediately shut it down you can't actually coordinate with it

Also just realized kreaal suggesting to shoot me means we're never scum together

Anyway, kreaal has been all over the place but I dont think that makes them scum whatsoever

Did you think we were? Lol.
May want to recheck your mafia buddies because I’m not one of them.
This was worded badly.

Maybe I’m reading it wrong but it sounded like “realized we aren’t scum together” is what I read it like.

As if he’s scum that thought I was.
But, yeah just thought I’d point that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom