• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Triforce Weapons

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
This thread ia a continuation of the thread Triforce Beasts. So you maybe wanna check out that one first.

Anyways, in Four Swords(correct me if im wrong) Ganon steals the Trident of POWER from the temple in the Gerudo Dessert. My theory is that each Triforce has its own "weapon".
  • Ganondorf.....Trident of Power
  • Zelda...........Sheik
  • Link.............Master Sword
I must say that Zelda's "weapon" is Sheik, since the light bow is part of Link's equipment and how she transforms into him/her making her hand show the triforce. As for Link he always uses the sword, and the way the sword reacts to the triforce makes it...well a triforce weapon. (Remember the MS was also a portal to the Sacred Realm in OoT)

Djinn

and Tonic
Interesting theory for items that might be sacred or representative of each Triforce piece. The sword representing the Juror of courage and the Trident representing the Forger of Strength. Sheik as a representative of the keeper of knowledge does make sense as she did keep quite a few secrets and gave subtle hints to Link when necessary. However I am not so sure about Sheik being so much a weapon. But I would not assume the Triforce of Wisdom would even have a representative weapon. Possibly an item of some kind but weapons does not fit with the Wisdom concept very well.

Due to Zelda as Sheik and the sage Nayru both carrying one, the harp could be the item sacred to the triforce of Wisdom

Sheik_With_Harp.gif787267-250px_nayru_large.jpg

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Interesting theory for items that might be sacred or representative of each Triforce piece. The sword representing the Juror of courage and the Trident representing the Forger of Strength. Sheik as a representative of the keeper of knowledge does make sense as she did keep quite a few secrets and gave subtle hints to Link when necessary. However I am not so sure about Sheik being so much a weapon. But I would not assume the Triforce of Wisdom would even have a representative weapon. Possibly an item of some kind but weapons does not fit with the Wisdom concept very well.

Due to Zelda as Sheik and the sage Nayru both carrying one, the harp could be the item sacred to the triforce of Wisdom

True, Djinn. It could be that Sheik's Harp possesses the ability to use the magical songs like the Ocarina of Time. Think about it, Sheik teaches all the songs to you, and where does she learn them? However with that theory, the Ocarina of Time could also be considered a weapon. Actually, it really is. Maybe I'll just shut up now.

David

But you called me here...
This thread ia a continuation of the thread Triforce Beasts. So you maybe wanna check out that one first.

Anyways, in Four Swords(correct me if im wrong) Ganon steals the Trident of POWER from the temple in the Gerudo Dessert. My theory is that each Triforce has its own "weapon".

• Ganondorf.....Trident of Power
  • Zelda...........Sheik
  • Link.............Master Sword
I must say that Zelda's "weapon" is Sheik, since the light bow is part of Link's equipment and how she transforms into him/her making her hand show the triforce. As for Link he always uses the sword, and the way the sword reacts to the triforce makes it...well a triforce weapon. (Remember the MS was also a portal to the Sacred Realm in OoT)

If I'm not mistaken... Link doesn't have to have the Triforce of Courage to wield the Master Sword. In the Wind Waker, Link gains the Master Sword and restores its full power before he even knew about the Triforce of Courage. In Twilight Princess, Link never had the Triforce of Courage. So, I wouldn't say that the Master Sword is the weapon that belongs to the Triforce of Courage. The Master Sword chooses its wielder and often has nothing to do with the Triforce of Courage.

If I'm not mistaken... Link doesn't have to have the Triforce of Courage to wield the Master Sword. In the Wind Waker, Link gains the Master Sword and restores its full power before he even knew about the Triforce of Courage. In Twilight Princess, Link never had the Triforce of Courage. So, I wouldn't say that the Master Sword is the weapon that belongs to the Triforce of Courage. The Master Sword chooses its wielder and often has nothing to do with the Triforce of Courage.

Correction. Link always had the Triforce of Courage in Twilight Princess. It's what kept him from becoming a spirit in the Twilight Realm like every other person in Hyrule.

As for this theory, everything makes sense except, as you pointed out, Shiek. I don't think Shiek is necessarily a weapon. As I come to understand it, the Shiekah themselves are very talented in ninja-type skills, like sneaking away, or popping out of existence. Impa did this same thing after Link invaded Hyrule Castle. Although it's never shown on screen for obvious reasons, I don't believe she actually disappears, as on Lake Hylia after defeating the Water Temple, she is still sitting up in the tree as Link looks around for her. She could be doing this same tactic the entire time, instead of magically disappearing, who really knows.

And all in all, anyone can dress up in opposite-gender clothing to fool someone, it's very easily done. Unless I'm missing a certain instance, I believe her weapon of choice must be something different, maybe like Light Arrows as shown in Twilight Princess....or maybe something we have yet to see.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Correction. Link always had the Triforce of Courage in Twilight Princess. It's what kept him from becoming a spirit in the Twilight Realm like every other person in Hyrule.

Regardless, he didn't always have it in TWW, so that point is moot.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Regardless, he didn't always have it in TWW, so that point is moot.

True, but he could get the Master Sword because he could wield the Triforce of Courage if I'm not mistaken. That means that only Link is able to hold the MS because he was chosen as the hero, meaning he could also wield and posses the triforce of Courage.

Pinecove

Last Chance
True, but he could get the Master Sword because he could wield the Triforce of Courage if I'm not mistaken. That means that only Link is able to hold the MS because he was chosen as the hero, meaning he could also wield and posses the triforce of Courage.

I remember no such thing ever being implied in the game. Please provide proof to back up your statement. For reference, here's a WW text dump:
http://www.zeldalegends.net/files/emulation/dumps/tww/tww_ENG.txt

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
While I like the idea of having signature weapons for each part of the triforce, I'm a bit at a loss as to why you think that Sheik and the Master Sword are two of them. Judging by the opening post, you base this on the fact that Ganon's trident is the Triforce of Power. Now if Sheik had the Bow of Wisdom and if the Master Sword had been known as the Sword of Courage, there would be no argument. But since there are no weapons with those specific names (yet), I'm not sure there's enough to back your theory up.

Djinn

and Tonic
While I like the idea of having signature weapons for each part of the triforce, I'm a bit at a loss as to why you think that Sheik and the Master Sword are two of them. Judging by the opening post, you base this on the fact that Ganon's trident is the Triforce of Power. Now if Sheik had the Bow of Wisdom and if the Master Sword had been known as the Sword of Courage, there would be no argument. But since there are no weapons with those specific names (yet), I'm not sure there's enough to back your theory up.

True, in fact the very first game to have the Master Sword states that it was specifically meant to repel the power of the Triforce.

The Triforce itself cannot judge between good and evil. That is because only the gods can do that.
However, it could not be assumed that only a good person would get their hands on the Triforce.
For that reason, the people of Hyrule were told by the gods to make something that would repulse any evil that may kidnap the Triforce: the blade of evil's bane.
It was called the Master Sword, and it is said that only a true hero could use it.

And the requirements for obtaining it were to gain the pendants of virtue. In Ocarina of Time Link obtains the Master Sword before anyone reaches the Triforce after acquiring the three spiritual stones. In Wind Waker Link needs to climb the Tower of the Gods and prove himself worthy before he can use the Master Sword. This is also before he ever gains the Triforce of Courage.

Pinecove

Last Chance
True, in fact the very first game to have the Master Sword states that it was specifically meant to repel the power of the Triforce.

No it wasn't. It was only made to repel evil as shown in the Japanese translation you just posted of the quote - it was made to repel any evil that got the Triforce.

that would repulse any evil that may kidnap the Triforce...

Djinn

and Tonic
I understood the line to mean that the evil identified in that quote would be using the power of the triforce. Mentioned in the line
However, it could not be assumed that only a good person would get their hands on the Triforce.

And could be assumed that in case someone evil were to gain the Triforce the Master sword could be a defence against it's misuse. As was shown in OoT, WW and LttP when Link needed it's power to defeat Ganondorf who was doing exactly that. The wording leads me to think that it was meant to be a "Just in case" type of situation involving an evil person that had gained the Triforce which is incapable of judging good from evil. I also viewed the situation of LttP to be that very situation the legend described and the player was to take up the mantle of the hero repelling the misuse of the Triforce.

This line leads me to believe that it is meant to be a weapon to defeat evil from ever obtaining the Triforce.

"Accordingly, to repel an evil "kidnapping" of the Triforce, Hyrule's people were informed by a divine oracle to make an "expel-evil" sword. That sword was called the Master Sword, and it was said that it could be used by (a person) with the faithful hero's values."

However because it is worded this way, the reader could easily be lead to believe either explanation. As a weapon to stop evil from gaining the Triforce, or to stop evil using the Triforce.

Although because of this I actually appreciate it even more. It truly does add to the whole "Ancient Legend" aspect of the story. As there are a great many theologies and separate belief systems in the real world that have similarly worded phrases that people have been studying and theorizing the proper meaning of for the better part of two thousand years and still have no solid definite answer to it's meaning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom