• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Triforce Heroes theory

Healbot884

Founder of the Church of Tingle.
(This is just a short little theory that I threw together. Let me know what you guys think.) :)

I have been spending a lot of time thinking about the upcoming Triforce Heroes. I have been wondering about the games plot, what and where this new kingdom is, and why purple Link is missing. I think that Triforce Heroes doesn't just take place outside of Hyrule I think I think it takes place outside of Hyrules realm altogether. I think Triforce Heroes could be set in one of Hyrules parallel worlds. Specifically Lorule. The game could be set in Lorule either before it lost it's Triforce or after the realm regained it. I also think that the three playable links in Triforce Heroes could be related to Ravio who would serve as Lorules purple Link.
tumblr_nr0uu1ty4c1rxo83mo1_500.png
I like this picture. There are four Links, one of them is purple and all is right with the world.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Came up with an interesting theory relating to this. As far as I know, we don't have any information regarding the game's story, so maybe the main plot (or maybe a side quest type deal) is something along the lines of the green, red, and blue Link have to find the purple "missing Link". And it's possible he could be Ravio, and maybe he's been kidnapped by the game's villan, whoever that may be.

Healbot884

Founder of the Church of Tingle.
Came up with an interesting theory relating to this. As far as I know, we don't have any information regarding the game's story, so maybe the main plot (or maybe a side quest type deal) is something along the lines of the green, red, and blue Link have to find the purple "missing Link". And it's possible he could be Ravio, and maybe he's been kidnapped by the game's villan, whoever that may be.
Yeah, I'm sure that Ravio or some other kind of purple colored Link will make an appearance in this game. Even if it's just a cameo appearance.

I honestly doubt that there will be an official "Purple Link" (at least as we know him from FS and FSA) simply because the three Links in TFH aren't created by the same power that has created multiple Links in previous games: the Four Sword. Instead, I believe the three Links in TFH are each a separate entity, as opposed to one original entity being split into two, three, or four. The biggest difference (aside from the distinct lack of the Four Sword in TFH) is that each Link has differently colored hair to match the rest of their coloration - even the green Link that we would assume to be the original with blond hair. What I found really interesting was that Link actually still has blond hair when you're selecting his costume, and that only once he has an assigned color (in a dungeon) does his hair change to match. To me, this suggests that each "Link" is actually an inhabitant of this new kingdom (aka not Link, although with a striking resemblance) that has answered the call for heroes, and they're going out to conquer dungeons in teams of three, with each of the three representing one aspect of the Triforce. If "Purple Link" does show up at all, I think it will be as a set of purple-colored Hero's clothes that can be selected as a costume, just as a nod to the previous games.

I personally would love to see Ravio return though, especially if the game is set in Lorule! It would be cool to see what Lorule was like before the loss of the Triforce. :)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
The only thing we really have to go off so far is the little bit of information Nintendo have told us and that the artstyle, enemies, and bosses, are a carbon copy from A Link Between Worlds. Now this could be purely design choice given that was the last game released, but I think It's pretty likely that it takes place around that time considering some enemies only exist within that time frame (AlttP > OoS/OoA > LA > ALBW). Before can be ruled out though because A Link Between Worlds talks about the past hero [Link] from A Link to the Past. Unless the events in this game are incredibly irrelevant or are just forgotten about, I doubt it takes place before.

This means that it's likely going to take place shortly after ALBW - probably somewhere in the 100 year mark or there about. I mean we know that some time after there was the Golden Era, but it never really states when nor does it allude to an earlier tale. The Era just starts out talking about a great King who wielded the Triforce and the era of prosperity began. So there could be a pretty big gap leaving a lot of room for this game to fit in, without causing a canonical stir in between.

About Lorule though, I doubt it. The connection between the worlds was broken at the end. I mean unless they somehow retcon it back, but that would just be annoying and would essentially mean they have to give closure on that world again.

(This is just a short little theory that I threw together. Let me know what you guys think.) :)

I have been spending a lot of time thinking about the upcoming Triforce Heroes. I have been wondering about the games plot, what and where this new kingdom is, and why purple Link is missing. I think that Triforce Heroes doesn't just take place outside of Hyrule I think I think it takes place outside of Hyrules realm altogether. I think Triforce Heroes could be set in one of Hyrules parallel worlds. Specifically Lorule. The game could be set in Lorule either before it lost it's Triforce or after the realm regained it. I also think that the three playable links in Triforce Heroes could be related to Ravio who would serve as Lorules purple Link.
View attachment 36937
I like this picture. There are four Links, one of them is purple and all is right with the world.
Mind you, this is not the same "Single Link Split Into His Four Consciences" deal. The heroes in TFH are all different people- remember the recruitment poster? They just fit the criteria. Also, there is a forgotten doppel to the left of Hytopia Castle's moat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom