• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Triforce Connection??

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
So I think its cool how in the LEGO video games you can switch characters on the fly to solve puzzles and stuff. (I guess I could have picked literally any other game with this mechanic but I had to feel old) it would be cool if in an upcoming game, there could be a point where you could switch characters using the "Triforce Connection" or something and beat bosses and puzzles. like what if there was a game where Ganon no longer needed Ganondorf and then he could play as a "good" character who was seeking revenge. during fights you could switch between Link, Ganondorf, and Zelda. each would have their own strengths and weaknesses but the defining factor would be that the game would never force you to switch perspectives, but the challenges would be vastly harder depending on the perspective you were using. like if you had to shoot a sheik eye on the wall or something, Link's bow could do an ok job of it, Zelda's y'know whatever magic thing could be an actual sniper rifle, and Ganondorf's throwing knife may be good at slicing rope or closer range targets but is really bad at long range. or maybe ganondorf's sword may make quicker work of an enemy while Zelda has to take a more thoughtful approach. it wouldn't be like the lego games where its "If you are a female character you can jump higher and if you are a small character you can crawl through short places."

What do you guys think of this style? is it too restrictive even with the ability to perform everything with a single character? what are some changes that could make it better?

What you're describing sounds more like Ys VIII gameplay.

I wouldn't mind this idea as a game on 3ds or a game from the B-Zelda team but it shouldnt be for the next big open world game.

I do think the Zelda team.should try some new directions for lesser titles. Ys VIII style games, Odin Sphere style games, maybe even Octopath.

Mix it up.

So i wouldnt mind seeing a Triforce connection style game. But i dont want it to be the next big game.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Yea side game it for now but if really good then it could become mainstream...

I doubt there will ever be a main Zelda game where you play as Ganondorf. Ganon and Ganondorf aren't separate characters either really. I think a game where you play as Link and Zelda would work though. I know ST dabbled in that, but hopefully they could push the concept further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom