• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Trick for Rupee Rush (and Get 1000+ Rupees in 3-4 Min)

No one else seems to have mentioned this in the forums, so here is what I discovered today...

So you have 30 seconds to collect rupees with no timer (and yes, of course, you could "cheat" and use your own timer, but as you'll see, you do not need to.) If you finish with a second or less left, your rupee amount is tripled.

What I discovered is that you can easily tell from the music when exactly you should finish.

There are basically 2 different melodies that are played in the music. Melody 1 (let's say) is a little more upbeat sounding, and melody 2 is maybe a little more "dangerous" sounding (sort-of). Gather rupees through the first melody 1, then through the first melody 2, then through the second melody 1. Then, *right* as the second melody 2 is starting, talk with the guy and end it. The second melody 2 starts at about 0.6 seconds remaining, which will give you the triple rupee bonus.

What has seemed to work best for me (for the Lorule version) is to just stay in the vicinity of the water, as red or purple rupees can pop out, try the potential like-like rupees and slash the closeby flowers while you are waiting. I pretty much always get at least 100 this way, which will be tripled to 300, for a profit of 200. Repeat the game over a few times over 3-4 minutes, and you've brought in 1000 rupees.

Has anyone found a better technique for gathering rupees that this, though? My best so far for a single run is 654.

For timing when exactly melody 2 will start, note that there are 4 "bars" to melody 1, 2 bars with higher notes, then 2 bars with lower notes. When the lower-note bars start the second time through melody 1, that is when I start heading over to end things.

This was very helpful! I pretty much ignored this game on my first play through, but I'm trying to get everything on Hero. This helped me to fairly quickly earn the rupees needed for several items. It took me a few tries to get the timing right, but once I got it, it's been gold. Thanks for this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom