• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tremors 5

TK8305

Mugenite, Smasher, LPer and ZCer!
Anyone here watch the Tremors 5 movie? If so what did you guys think of it?

I watched the first four and I rank them like this.

1st - ***** (Original is the best!)
2nd - **** (2nd was pretty solid!)
3rd - ***1/2 (3rd was good!)
4th - *** (4th was alright!)
5th - **** (Definitely better then the 3rd and 4th!, loved the new hybrid of Graboids & Azzblasters!)

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
In case anyone is wondering, Tremors 5 was only just recently released and it is on Netflix. Netflix used to have the rest of the series but no longer does. It is a relatively high quality monster b-movie franchise similar to, but vastly more superior than, Syfy Channel original movies. The special effects are not as good as in AAA movies but are way better than your typical b-movie.
The monsters featured in them are a formerly unknown ancient creature called graboids, secretly living without anyone's knowledge since before the time of the dinosaurs who sometimes decide to attack a town. The first three movies featured various different stages of the graboid life cycle, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. The fourth film was a prequel set in the late 1800s in the same location as the first film. Produced at the same time as the forth movie was half a season of a spin off TV show that followed right after the third film. It was quickly canceled and never got a second season, mostly because Syfy, in its usual brilliance, decided to air the episodes out of order which resulted in none of it making sense.

The series as a whole follows the character called Burt Gummer (with the prequel featuring an identical-looking ancestor of his), who is a paranoid delusional doomsday prepper whose crazy prepping ends up making him the most capable person at dealing with the graboids and as the series progresses he becomes the world's foremost expert on the creatures. He loses his doomsday mentality as time goes on and becomes single-mindly focused on graboids while talking up teaching people how to survive as his day job.
His insane doomsday prepping coming in handy is best exemplified by this:

The fifth film explores a bit more about the history of the creatures and just how widespread they were. The effects are actually extremely good this time around, on par with the original Jurassic Park, even having one scene that was a kind of callback to it, with its own twists. And there is a very hilarious character plot twist near the end that was great. During the whole thing Burt gave a piercing death stare that just screamed "don't you dare say what I think you're about to say." I wouldn't say it is a great movie by any means and it can't even begin to approach the original. But it is still pretty good as silly monster movies go, way better than any of that trash on Syfy, and yeah I'd agree it's better than the previous two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom